48 hours!!!!

SelenaBassGirl

• Members

I quit 2 years ago and have amassed $2000 in savings which I have spent on my Genz rig and new Jaguar bass. (or at least I can rationalize that they cost about that much, so it was a great trade off IMO...) :thu::thu: ...not to mention that I can sing now without running out of breath, my stamina has increased substantially and everything smells and tastes better.

Remember, it's only 1 cigarette that you just don't want to smoke right now. It is no bigger than that; the decision to smoke 1 cigarette. If you keep putting that 1 cig off, you have it beat... You Can Do It!! :thu::thu:

• Members

I went in the pantry to get some alcohol..I felt like a drink and damn I have drained the supply! I need to get someone to go on a booze run for me! well, I do have beer....

Great job on no smoking thus far, keep it up:thu:! OK, on the booze cabinet, get outta there Chicka:evil:! Better yet, restock it with no calorie teas, and coffees. Put in some nice cups to drink out of. I say this to not rain on the party... have had my share of party girl days, but it's just a bunch of empty calories to excess. Guys can get away with it more. For ladies, particularly post kids when Mother Nature starts messing with your skinny girl hormones, it's so easy to have those empty calories add up. Then you're gonna be all sad cuz that pretty black New Year's dress won't zip up the same:cry:. Want $ for your jazz bass? Add the cost of savings of the cigs PLUS the difference between excess booze vs my cheap tea/coffee idea... ummm, that's a lot of bass $ GF. You can do it;).

• Members

good for you!!!!

i quit a while ago. it was pretty hard for me because i preferred cigs to anything else. it took a while to be okay (about a month) and then one day someone asked me if i had a cigarette. i told him 'no, i don't smoke' instead of 'i'm trying to quit'. once that came out of my mouth, i was done forever. i still think about it every now and then but then i smell someone that has just had a smoke or walk into a smoky bar, and its all over. that {censored} is really nasty and expensive. i can't believe that i used to do that to myself and to my friends and family.

now, i run 100+ miles every month and i really appreciate that i didn't ruin my lungs enough to prevent that

Archived