Have a pest problem for my fellow Bass-players

bassordeath

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have different bird feeders, and love my feather friends so much. Mr. Fuzzytail loves their food too. I wouldn't mind, if he wasn't such a hog. I have a lab. She chases em like crazy, but too heavy to sprint fast enough for a catch. My specialty bird food store told me to try and feed them seperately. He said that they are protesting by hogging down all of the bird food available. Their fav is black oil sunflower seeds, corn, and peanuts. I haven't tried it yet, as the doggie has food allergies, and am worried she will get sick from left over fuzzytail scraps. I have thought of building a circle fence around the bottom of the feeder to prevent doggie take out. Not yet tho. Cute critters, until they do not so cute things! Grrr... too bad about the gun for you. Good luck!

• Members

Since the summer my uncle has trapped no less then 80 squirrels in his backyard in a have-a-heart trap. I'd have to find out what bait he used. A pump or CO2 pellet rifle would certainly do the trick as well, allbeit a little bit messier.

• Members

Buy some baboons. Get like 25 of them, and they're very territorial. They should keep the squirrels...and everything else....at bay.

Just make sure you establish yourself as the Alpha Male...usually done to exerting your dominance on the other males by mounting them.

Good luck!

• Members

Get a big tom cat. They hate other animals coming into their yard.

Uh...actually, that will work. When I moved here I was surrounded on three sides by woods/forests. We have a couple of outdoor cats (they don't venture into the house) and they keep the yard clear of squirrels and snakes.

• Members

Either a possum or a racoon has been pooing on my roof !
:mad:

:idk:

shit we have them, whatcha call em...gophers or moles or what ever digging their underground trails in my front yard. They used to go in the back until I started having dogs. Now it is the front. I got some poison but lazy husband still hasn't put it out. I guess I will have to do it. Shit, I fix the yard all pretty and all he does is mows the yard when the grass gets knee high and then takes credit for the compliments given. :mad:

• Members

Yup...a pellet gun. Since you say you can;t fire a gun in your neighborhood, I'm guessing it's because of the noise. You can get a pellet gun with a barrel shroud...which is basically a silencer. Very quiet...

Nonsense!!! A pellet gun would be better than a BB gun, but I've taken down plenty of small game with both. Hell, that's what my childhood summers were made of. Most of the shots were at a good distance too. You don;t have to hit them in the head to kill em' either. A well placed vital organ shot will certainly kill them. Even a bad shot that only hurts them at the time will kill them eventually. They don't have a hospital to go to, so they will bleed to death or get an infection.

This is a PCP pellet gun...with the barrel shroud I was talking about...

talonss_angle_lg.jpg
talonss_side_lg.jpg

In .22 cal this gun with the right pellet will take out racoons, skunks, opossums, porcupines, rabbits, and other critter of that size. A cute little squirrel would be no problem at all!
:thu:

Don't bother with a .177...just get the .22.

Yep, that ought ta Git-R-Dun:thu:

• Members

Gound This item at the Drug Store. Victor (No, not Victa) Ultrasonic Pest Chaser. I took a few home and plugged them into outside outlets in the back and front of my home. When I plugged them in, the little ratty bastards ran away down the fenceline. And they are nowhere to be seen this morning. Hopefully it is not just a fluke. I will let you know. The Fox Urine thing is next, if needed.

• Members

Holy crap!
:eek:

That can't be real...either the woman is really really small or that cat is a bobcat mixed breed or something.

I think the breed is called a "Mankoon" cat and they grow to about double the size of your normal domestic cat.

(Not sure if my spelling of the breed is correct, but you get the idea..)

I don't think the girl is very big, but god damn she's got one massive pussy on her!!! :eek::love: :poke: :p

• Members

I think the breed is called a "Mankoon" cat and they grow to about double the size of your normal domestic cat.

(Not sure if my spelling of the breed is correct, but you get the idea..)

I don't think the girl is very big, but god damn she's got one massive pussy on her!!!
:eek::love:
:poke:
:p

well I thought you were talking about Maine Coon cats, but I see a few refer the huge ones to Mancoon cats. Here is another

BIG_CAT.jpg

• Members

you can def. kill a squirrels with a pellet gun. get the pointed contact point pellets. or zero in a laser sight if youre not a good aim.

Call animal control??

Yeah shooting a gun in city limits wouldnt be a great idea, unless youre in the sticks. and I wouldnt recommend any kind of silencer on a gun either, unless you have a class III license. or are just a rebel.

Archived