How good as bass are you?

justinbass

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good. not awesome, but someday I will be.

This is my best fit.

I've come a long way since I started, and I have a long way to go, but I'm at a point where I'm not embarrassed to play in front of people, and can hold my own in most of the musical situations I'm confronted with.

• Members

This is my best fit.

I've come a long way since I started, and I have a long way to go, but I'm at a point where I'm not embarrassed to play in front of people, and can hold my own in most of the musical situations I'm confronted with.

I am there as well. I am SO much better now that I was a year ago, and a year ago I would have said the same thing.

I am both amazed at how good I am, and at how much better some players are than I am. I'll never be the best, but I want to be frigging great at bass one day. :thu:

• Members

not getting better very well..but holding my own..which is very important to me...

every time i do some warm up riffs someone will come and say..hey that is stings line from this or that or funnily enough smoke on the water..

i dont know those riffs or lines and play what i feel...which is von krappe most mornings

still its all mine

• Members

I'm really good, but not as good as Bassius or Darkslide.

Or Bob Nyswonger, or Roger from Genz Benz, and I can't do Rush tunes like S4001, and I am not as good as Dwalmz.... and I can't keyboard as well as DRF, and I don't suck anywhere near as much as Lig....

But I'll kick all the rest of y'alls asses!!!!

• Members

I am at a professional level. Meaning, I can go into a pro studio and record a song of medium-to-hard complexity in a few takes (having practised it beforehand) and a simple song 'reading cold', with my playing sounding clean, tight and in the pocket. You can put a sheet of notation in front of me and I will not recoil in horror.

Live, I can hold down a solid rhythm while rocking out and making the band, as a whole, sound good.

Edit:

Am I super innovative? No. Can I express myself through my instrument? Yes, but light-years behind what Bassius and others here do. I'm like kindergarten level compared to them.

Bassius for example, is far beyond 'pro'. He's deep into 'true artist' territory.

• Members

Not near as good as most of the folks here but, good enough to pass my first audition a month after I got my first bass, which bolstered my motivation and confidence a bit. :)

I've been playing about 9 months now. (ex-geetar guy)

• Members

I am really good at what I do. Better than most around here. That said, There are some styles I really suck at. I am not a Funk player by any stretch of the imagination.

Other than my playing abilities, My attitude is what others like about me the most. I have a Pro attitude and very easy to get along with.

• Members

I am no longer embarassed to play a bass at guitar center.

Pretty much a perfect answer for me. :D

But I am rapidly improving! I am teetering on being 'good', and I'm definitely trying to hone and improve my skills.

• Members

Pretty much a perfect answer for me.
:D

But I am rapidly improving! I am teetering on being 'good', and I'm definitely trying to hone and improve my skills.

That's about as far as I would ever gauge myself. I guess I'm a tad too humble, but I could never be cocky enough to say I'm actually good....no matter how good I may or may not be. Just the way I am I guess.

• Members

I'd say I'm adiquite I'm a better bass player that a speller or typer. I can learn almost any song by ear in 2-3 takes and if i don't know the song or don't have time to learn it I can usually wing it and not emberrase myself. :thu:

Archived