The Best Band Ever.....

James Hart

• Members

I like Sabbath but no way are they the best

true.... "best" is so subjective that "favorite" is better suited.

I got my start playing bass because of the first 4 Sabbath albums... I was a big fan of everyone that touched the band through to the Ian Gillan days.

I have such a wide range of styles I listen to and play that sometimes I forget my origins... and how Kick Ass I think this stuff is :thu:

"Trashed" is playing right now :cool:

• Members

true.... "best" is so subjective that "favorite" is better suited.

I got my start playing bass because of the first 4 Sabbath albums... I was a big fan of everyone that touched the band through to the Ian Gillan days.

I have such a wide range of styles I listen to and play that sometimes I forget my origins... and how Kick Ass I think this stuff is
:thu:

"Trashed" is playing right now
:cool:

Just because something is an origin doesn't make it the best. I hate that mentality. Just because one band started a genre doesn't mean they are the best. That's like saying Fords are the best cars because they are the oldest.

• Members

Although I'm also a huge Zep fan, they were notorious song theives - while Sabbath cut their own path - and have far more relevance, in regards to modern rock IMO...

Yes, notorious song thieves...like everyone else. Also, they mainly didn't credit people on their first album which had a lot of blues reworkings. You could call it out-right theft or them just being naive...we weren't there when they made the album. But in their later albums who did they steal from? Where was Kashmir stolen from? :D

And Sabbath having more relevance than the band that's second only to the Beatles in terms of influence....lol....good one.

• Members

Just because something is an origin doesn't make it the best. I hate that mentality. Just because one band started a genre doesn't mean they are the best. That's like saying Fords are the best cars because they are the oldest.

no it's like saying I like Fords best because that is the brand that got me into cars....

reread my {censored}in post... and tell me what mentality you are reading into it. The only 'origin' I mentioned was that they were MY origin and I agreed that "favorite" is all it can ever be because "Best" has no measure within an art form.

I have such a wide range of styles I listen to and play that sometimes I forget my origins...

• Members

no it's like saying I like Fords best because that is the brand that got me into cars....

reread my {censored}in post... and tell me what mentality you are reading into it. The only 'origin' I mentioned was that they were MY origin and I agreed that "favorite" is all it can ever be because "Best" has no measure within an art form.

I
have such a wide range of styles I listen to and play that sometimes I forget
my
origins...

Sorry man, wasn't calling you out personally. Just making a statement about people neglecting newer bands because they aren't the originators, not necessarily you.

Archived