what bass do you own and wish you didnt but its not worth getting rid of ?

poomwah

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My Douglas fretless.. I got it and realized I hate playing fretless. It sounds great and probably doesn't have over 30min total play time on it, but they sell so cheap on rondo i'd probably have to take less then half what I paid for it to get rid of it, so I'll keep it.

• Members

None right now, but honestly, I'd like to get a Fender Am. P bass. That would leave my Essex collecting dust. I couldn't sell it because it was a Christmas gift from my wife. I can see my 5-st. 'Ray eventually collecting dust if I ever got around to getting a custom fretted 6'er built.
Even after getting a custom fretless built, I don't see myself not playing my 4-st. 'Ray. She's my sweetie. :)

• Members

Three that will be with me to the end: '90 T-bird, '62 Jazz reissue, '90s MIJ AE fretless P-bass.

Three I'm keeping, as they're good basses that I may as well keep: Epi Jack Casady, MIJ '51 P-bass reissue, '74 Ric 4001 (mainly because I'll never afford a new one...)

I'm hanging on to the '79 Franken-P/J because it was fun to build, and it's tuned BEAD which comes on handy on a couple songs.

• Members
G&L Tribute L-2000. Bought the thing without really playing it. All 3 pots are scratchy, and the series/parallel switch only works in one position when the neck pickup is soloed.

Not easy to get rid of with electronics issues such as that...

I'll give you $400 for it!!!!

:)

• Moderators

G&L Tribute L-2000. Bought the thing without really playing it. All 3 pots are scratchy, and the series/parallel switch only works in one position when the neck pickup is soloed.

Not easy to get rid of with electronics issues such as that...

Those issues would take me a few minutes and a few bucks in parts to correct. It shouldn't hold you back in selling it or in trading it back in.

• Members

Those issues would take me a few minutes and a few bucks in parts to correct. It shouldn't hold you back in selling it or in trading it back in.

The pots are no big deal, I'd just have to get replacements. It's the series/parallel thing that worries me a bit, because it only happens with the neck solo-ed, in one position. This makes me wonder if it's more of a preamp issue or a switch issue. All the contacts seem to have good solder joints on the switch, but I'm no electrical wizard.

It needs to go down the road, though. Great bass and all, but I just don't play bass that much. :(

• Moderators
The pots are no big deal, I'd just have to get replacements. It's the series/parallel thing that worries me a bit, because it only happens with the neck solo-ed, in one position. This makes me wonder if it's more of a preamp issue or a switch issue. All the contacts seem to have good solder joints on the switch, but I'm no electrical wizard.

It needs to go down the road, though. Great bass and all, but I just don't play bass that much.
:(

It is most likely just the wiring at the switch.

• Members

I had a Yamaha BBN5 that sat in my closet for years. It was a good bass, but after I got the Warwick it just never got played. Then I got the St. Blues and it became obvious that the Yamaha was never going to get played. So I found someone that was looking to start learning to play and gave it to them.

• Members

If that was the 4 knob, bound bodied version, I'd buy it from you in a heartbeat. Been hunting for one for about 19 years now.

Yeah there's quite a few variations of the Roadstar II.

Mine could do with some TLC, but it still goes alright. Like I said, it's been played to death and has some wear.

It would probably make a great project bass for someone if they were keen to do it up.

Archived