Barack Obama: Breaking Barriers

Thunderbroom

• Members

:rolleyes:

If there's a point to be made here, the video alone isn't presenting it very well.

I think Jeff's just ragging on Obama for "playing to stereotype" by dancing with Ellen. Which is silly, because she's always dancing and trying to get her guests to do silly little things like that.

• Members

I think Jeff's just ragging on Obama for "playing to stereotype" by dancing with Ellen. Which is silly, because she's always dancing and trying to get her guests to do silly little things like that.

What the heck is the stereotype here, honestly? I wasn't aware that dancing was stereotypically a "black" activity.

• Members

I think it's cool that Obama isn't an uptight crusty coot.

Agreed. It's really helped his image. Could you imagine Dick Cheney going on Ellen (not that he ever would) and dancing with her? I could see him going out there, trying to do a few awkward moves, then clutching his chest and hitting the floor, grimacing in pain.

• Members

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/gerard_baker/article4392846.ece

Best Obama piece to date!
:thu:

And it came to pass, in the eighth year of the reign of the evil Bush the Younger (The Ignorant), when the whole land from the Arabian desert to the shores of the Great Lakes had been laid barren, that a Child appeared in the wilderness.

The Child was blessed in looks and intellect. Scion of a simple family, offspring of a miraculous union, grandson of a typical white person and an African peasant. And yea, as he grew, the Child walked in the path of righteousness, with only the occasional detour into the odd weed and a little blow.

That's some funny stuff right there!

:D

Archived