AC/DC

fretless

• Members

Hellz freakin' yeah! If that ain't the pure, unfiltered essence of ROCK then I don't know what is. There are a million better players, there are a million better songs and bands, but no one knows how to flat out rock better than those guys. No flash, no challenging brain work required, no hype. Just 100% pure rock. They know what they are, and they've kept doing their thing all these years. I'd even argue that no band has ever had the amount of energy that they do in their music, especially for so long. Sure a lot of folks outgrow it all, but that takes nothing away from them. I'll always remember the very first time, back in grade school, that I heard Back In Black. That was a life changing moment for sure! And please, try to find a guitar player who is more into the music than Angus! He's the definition of a rock guitar player!:cool:

• Members

Energy? I'm not arguing AC/DC's contribution to rock and to music in general. It's there. It's awesome. No one is better at what they do than them, that's for sure. But I don't see how anyone can equate that drum beat (that is used in every one of their songs) to being energetic. :confused:

:poke:

I suppose I'm just stirring hornets, now, but it sure is fun. :D

• Members

Energy? I'm not arguing AC/DC's contribution to rock and to music in general. It's there. It's awesome. No one is better at what they do than them, that's for sure. But I don't see how anyone can equate that drum beat (that is used in every one of their songs) to being energetic.
:confused:

:poke:

I suppose I'm just stirring hornets, now, but it sure is fun.
:D

If you can't feel the energy there, you just aren't looking for it.;) Energy isn't about a beat, it's about the entirety, and AC/DC is entirely rockin'.

• Members

Gotta agree with you. Bands need to be progressive to stay relevent. I hate to go to the Queensryche "well" again, but if they'd decided to sit in their laurals on the Empire album, they would have dissapeared with the rest of hair metal. Here they are 27 years later after their EP and they still have their original fanbase as well as their children and new fans. Sounds come and go, but iwhen bands stay true to their guts they stay on the scene.

....and yes. :thu:

I dig a bit o' AC/DC, but a little goes a long way. It's radio rock done well. Not album rock, IMO.

• Members

I am the biggest AC/DC fan I know, but I will also not be buying this album.

My only reason, however, is because the last I heard, it will be sold SOLELY through Wal-Mart.

And I don't go there unless I want to see some white trash mother lose it and beat the {censored} out of her kids.

• Members

....and yes.
:thu:
I dig a bit o' AC/DC, but a little goes a long way. It's radio rock done well. Not album rock, IMO.

And that IS AC/DC staying true to their guts. They are a band that does what they do, and what they do comes straight from their personalities. No reason for them to change to still be a fan favorite after all these years, even if we personally have gotten a little tired of it. Comparing them to other bands as far as growth and development is an invalid comparison, as they are who they are, and aren't going to change no matter how much every other band changes over time.:cool:

This reminds me of the Maiden show I went to a couple months ago. That band will never change from their roots as a band, and no one would ever want them too. If they did they'd fade into oblivion, but as they are, even after all these years, they are still a GREAT band and have an enormous following. That following also has old people, young people and kids, all feeling the energy and experience of the one, same old thing that made them great in the beginning. Some bands, like these, don't need to change to still be relevent to the mass audiences, and they don't need to grow into something musically way different either.:cool:

• Members

I am the biggest AC/DC fan I know, but I will also not be buying this album.

My only reason, however, is because the last I heard, it will be sold SOLELY through Wal-Mart.

And I don't go there unless I want to see some white trash mother lose it and beat the {censored} out of her kids.

Walmart or Sam's Club only.

• Members

Hellz freakin' yeah! If that ain't the pure, unfiltered essence of ROCK then I don't know what is. There are a million better players, there are a million better songs and bands, but no one knows how to flat out rock better than those guys. No flash, no challenging brain work required, no hype. Just 100% pure rock. They know what they are, and they've kept doing their thing all these years. I'd even argue that no band has ever had the amount of energy that they do in their music, especially for so long. Sure a lot of folks outgrow it all, but that takes nothing away from them. I'll always remember the very first time, back in grade school, that I heard Back In Black. That was a life changing moment for sure! And please, try to find a guitar player who is more into the music than Angus! He's the definition of a rock guitar player!
:cool:

Ding Ding Ding!!!!! We have a winner. :)

AC/DC is Rock 'n Roll. That doesn't mean everyone has to like them, but it does mean you should respect what they have done. They have gone past "band" status to "icon" status for a reason. And I think they did that 15 years ago. :D

Still going strong.

• Members

Are you serious?
:mad:

Why?

$$ Why else. They ponied up a higher margin to get exclusive rights.

It'll bite them later. Stones did it, other major retailers freaked and pulled the back catalog. Stones issued an apology and rectified the situation. Garth Brooks did it for a box set, didn't try to make nice later and some retailers like HMV have pulled his entire catalog entirely to this day. :cop:

• Members

Major artists are flocking to WalMart, Sam's, et al because the major record labels own the distribution chain and get a big cut of profits. By skirting the distribution chain and flocking to WalMart/Sam's, the major labels lose out on a big cut.

Small wonder that the record stores pulled the catalog - they are the puppets of the major labels.

• Members

Small wonder that the record stores pulled the catalog - they are the puppets of the major labels.

Actually it's more of a protest that if an artist wants to pick and choose where they want new albums sold, then the other stores aren't going to support their other music, plain and simple.

• Members

Ding Ding Ding!!!!! We have a winner.
:)

AC/DC
is
Rock 'n Roll. That doesn't mean everyone has to like them, but it does mean you should respect what they have done. They have gone past "band" status to "icon" status for a reason. And I think they did
that
15 years ago.
:D

Still going strong.

They hit icon status before 1990 in my opinion - hell they were icons within 2 months of "Back In Black's" release, what with Bon Scott's death and all that.

Archived