I finally did it! first time playing with a band

SelenaBassGirl

• Members

Well, I did it! I finally got to play with a band (instead of along with CDs and karaoke like I been doin' )! Last night I started out at our local club called Coyote's-they had a very good band there and a sweet bass player too (bought me a drink and that I wasn't expecting b/c normally you buy the BAND drinks, not the band buy YOU a drink).

Then I left to go to the Silver Bullet. I got there, and sat for awhile and then I hear the beginning to Goodbye Time by Blake Shelton come on. I look up and Jay is off the stage, looking my way and pointing to his bass. I went to him and told him "ok but I might {censored} up, so be prepared". He put his bass on me and I get up on stage. Now this is the FIRST time I am playing with a band but not really all that nervous! I remember saying out loud "ooooh boy, here it goes" when I started. I went thru the song without a mess up at all. Then Jay tells the band to do Wave on Wave by Pat Green. No problems there either, except in the end when I noticed that they do the end a bit different, so I had to figure it out fast, and I doubt anybody out there noticed. Afterward Rhes (my friend of 12 years and guitar/singer of the band), who was playing next to me, got to his knees and was complimenting me. Later on, when they went on their break, he came to me and said he had to shake my hand from musician to musician. He said that he honestly didn't know (and told me not to take it wrong) that I had it in me (or something like that) and that , shoot, I don't remember the exact words, but something to the point that I surprised him with the way I played. He didn't know I was "that good" or something like that.:idk:

Funny thing is, I had on a shirt with a lot of, um, cleavage and well, uh...I almost fell out!!!!! Apparently the strap from the bass was pulling down my shirt more!! :eek:

I wasn't a bit nervous and I loved it how the whole stage vibrated under my feet...I could feel the energy up there...I even looked at the crowd dancing and stuff, and didn't flinch! There was this one chick who walked up to the stage and looked at me and her mouth was dropped open like she was in a total shock! lol! I guess she recognized me as a regular but didn't know that is what I did too! lol!

Anyways, I just thought I'd pass along this milestone. Yes, parts of it was filmed and my friend is gonna copy it for me. I can't wait...as soon as I get the video clips I will post it.

• Members

Well, I did it! I finally got to play with a band (instead of along with CDs and karaoke like I been doin' )! Last night I started out at our local club called Coyote's-they had a very good band there and a sweet bass player too (bought me a drink and that I wasn't expecting b/c normally you buy the BAND drinks, not the band buy YOU a drink).

Then I left to go to the Silver Bullet. I got there, and sat for awhile and then I hear the beginning to
Goodbye Time
by Blake Shelton come on. I look up and Jay is off the stage, looking my way and pointing to his bass. I went to him and told him "ok but I might {censored} up, so be prepared". He put his bass on me and I get up on stage. Now this is the FIRST time I am playing with a band but not really all that nervous! I remember saying out loud "ooooh boy, here it goes" when I started. I went thru the song without a mess up at all. Then Jay tells the band to do
Wave on Wave
by Pat Green. No problems there either, except in the end when I noticed that they do the end a bit different, so I had to figure it out fast, and I doubt anybody out there noticed. Afterward Rhes (my friend of 12 years and guitar/singer of the band), who was playing next to me, got to his knees and was complimenting me. Later on, when they went on their break, he came to me and said he had to shake my hand from musician to musician. He said that he honestly didn't know (and told me not to take it wrong) that I had it in me (or something like that) and that , shoot, I don't remember the exact words, but something to the point that I surprised him with the way I played. He didn't know I was "that good" or something like that.
:idk:
Funny thing is, I had on a shirt with a lot of, um, cleavage and well, uh...I almost fell out!!!!! Apparently the strap from the bass was pulling down my shirt more!!
:eek:
I wasn't a bit nervous and I loved it how the whole stage vibrated under my feet...I could feel the energy up there...I even looked at the crowd dancing and stuff, and didn't flinch! There was this one chick who walked up to the stage and looked at me and her mouth was dropped open like she was in a total shock! lol! I guess she recognized me as a regular but didn't know that is what I did too! lol!

Anyways, I just thought I'd pass along this milestone. Yes, parts of it was filmed and my friend is gonna copy it for me. I can't wait...as soon as I get the video clips I will post it.

Congrats!

BTW, I clicked on your myspace and something bad happened. :eek: It wouldn't let me close it...it just kept popping up more and more windows of your myspace page. Not sure if it's my computer, a Myspace problem, or a problem with your account specifically, but I wanted to give you a heads-up, anyway.

• Members

Funny thing is, I had on a shirt with a lot of, um, cleavage and well, uh...I almost fell out!!!!! Apparently the strap from the bass was pulling down my shirt more!!
:eek:

boy...this video i gotta see :eek::eek::eek:

:lol::lol::lol:

congrats, dear. i loved my first time as well... i was playing my yammie 5 and it was missing the B string cose i didnt have money to buy a new one ahahah... good times!

• Members

:thu:The first one is always the hardest if you make it through that one it's all down hill( in a good way Congrats) Take it from someone whos been playing for 40 something years. If you love what your doing it just keeps getting better. NOW YOU CAN NEVER GO BACK.:lol:

• Members

We'd appreciate that and consider yourself lucky to have captured "the first time".

PS:

It IS the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Archived