One Headlight- The Wallflowers

Everlong- The Foo Fighters

Got You Where I Want To- The Flys

Black/Betterman- Pearl Jam

Welcome to Paradise- Green Day

Zombie- The Cranberries

Lullaby- Shawn Mullins

Hey Jealousy- Gin Blossoms

hmmm that's all I can think of, no coffee yet, maybe I can add a few later.

But every drunken slob requests "Do you guys know any STP or some F'n SLAYER" also to be noted, I play alotta acoustic gigs so Slayer on two acoustics and a chick singer would just sound amazing?

• Members

The Toadies are pretty freakin' good. :D Their first album was, anyway. They had a very Pixies-influenced sound, IMO, on most of that album. Caught them live in Birmingham with Stabbing Westward when the second album came out. It wasn't as good as the first, but man they put on a good show.

• Members

Whatever you do, don't do "Tomorrow" by Silverchair. You'd think it would be kick ass live, but holy {censored} did it drop like a {censored}ing rock the few times we did it.
:D
We'd finish, and the crowd would be like *cricket*...

C7

I never got why that band made it. THey were decent, expecially for their age (at the time). But, they just weren't that interesting to me. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Concrete Blonde is an alternative rock band They were active from the early 1980s to 1995, and reunited in 2001. They are best known for the songwriting and vocals of Johnette Napolitano (Bass guitar, vocals ).

Due to the fact that she plays Bass and sings it's just about perfect. I'm not sure what kind of vocals you like or if you like this style. When I first heard this band I was captured by the The bass parts, her voice then the words.

check out Days and Days and Bloodletting

Just a thought.

cuts

"Bloodletting (The Vampire Song)"

"The Sky Is a Poisonous Garden"

"Caroline"

"Darkening of the Light"

"I Don't Need a Hero"

"Days and Days"

"The Beast"

"Lullabye"

"Joey"

"Tomorrow, Wendy"

• Members

Concrete Blonde is an alternative rock band They were active from the early 1980s to 1995, and reunited in 2001. They are best known for the songwriting and vocals of Johnette Napolitano (Bass guitar, vocals ).

Due to the fact that she plays Bass and sings it's just about perfect. I'm not sure what kind of vocals you like or if you like this style. When I first heard this band I was captured by the The bass parts, her voice then the words.

check out Days and Days and Bloodletting

Just a thought.

cuts

"Bloodletting (The Vampire Song)"

"The Sky Is a Poisonous Garden"

"Caroline"

"Darkening of the Light"

"I Don't Need a Hero"

"Days and Days"

"The Beast"

"Lullabye"

"Joey"

"Tomorrow, Wendy"

My wife forces me to listen to Concrete Blonde on long road trips. I haven't thrown myself out of the car on the highway yet, but that's only because by the time I'm absolutely insane with the music, I'm on my 43rd joint and 79th beer, so I can't move.

It's really quite diabolical how she waits for me to be incapacitated, yet still conscious, before she throws on the 4 Non Blondes/Tripping Daisy/Violent Femmes/Concrete Blonde mix CD she makes before every long drive we take...

C7

• Members

The Pixies - they're all good, but "Gigantic" would be great with a girl singing

I have mentioned before that the 90s really started in 1988 with the release of Surfer Rosa :D

Possum Kingdom is a freaking great song.

Anything off of Exile in Guyville: Soap Star Joe, {censored} and Run, and Stratford upon Guy would be cool (Flower is great, but not a really 'rock out' sort of song), 6'1" is also a good one.

Some I haven't noticed mentioned:

Black Crowes - Remedy is cool, as is She talks to Angels.

Blur - Song 2

Cake - Love you Madly

Chisel - Do Go On

Flaming Lips - She don't use jelly

Jeff Buckley - Long list if you can hack the vocals (I personally can't :()

Tool - Sober

Tori Amos - Crucify

• Members

I have mentioned before that the 90s really started in 1988 with the release of Surfer Rosa
:D

Anything off of Exile in Guyville: Soap Star Joe, {censored} and Run, and Stratford upon Guy would be cool (Flower is great, but not a really 'rock out' sort of song), 6'1" is also a good one.

Interesting you should mention Liz Phair. I went on a date last night with a girl who was the spitting image of her... and plays guitar. :cool:

Oh, and the 90's didn't just start in 1988 with Surfer Rosa, I dare say Grunge in general did.

• Members

Oh nice!!!!

I was also thinking "I'm only happy when it rains" or Melissa Etheridge "I'm the only one".

I'm hoping to pull off all the instruments and vocals....

Yikes!

I really like the bass line in "I'm the only one"

The 80s was seriously lacking in distinctive bass lines. while I didnt dig a lot of the music in the 90's the bass was definitly turned up a bit.

I cant think of anything right now but a song that had a video of a bowling ball rolling along and some strange screaming into the mic.

the bass line was kind of cool.

I think "Wynona's big brown beaver" also had a cool line

Archived