NBD - vintage Ibby content.

james on bass

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no idea why "Bean". I'd always called them Beanies since they first came out.

I had a Roadstar II 5 string in 1985. This totally brings me back. I almost scooped another mid-80s Ibanez this week as well, but it look pretty beat-up.

Not to mention the beating I'd get from Mrs.JoB.

Hi, former owner here:

I think it's called a "beanie" because the lower body looks like half of a kidney bean or something like that.

It sounds a lot like a P-bass with rosewood fretboard board except with more tonal range.

Good-bye "Baby-Boomer" at least we kept you in Canada. :cry:

Maybe I could get visitation privileges.

By the way, nice pics James. You totally caught the contours of the carved top. Sultry, sexy.

• Members

Hi, former owner here:

I think it's called a "beanie" because the lower body looks like half of a kidney bean or something like that.

It sounds a lot like a P-bass with rosewood fretboard board except with more tonal range.

Good-bye "Baby-Boomer" at least we kept you in Canada.
:cry:

By the way, nice pics James. You totally caught the contours of the carved top. Sultry, sexy.

It's called a bean because it was designed by Travis Bean, in conjunction with Ibanez.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Bean

I used to have the musician version of that bass. BOALG still has his I think.

(the pic he possted is my old one)

Killer bases.

• Members

It's called a bean because it was designed by Travis Bean, in conjunction with Ibanez.

Killer bases.

I prefer my version of how the name originated better than your version. I do admit though that your version may have the added advantage of being true. Although my version is more bootylicious looking.

• Members

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travis_Bean

Killer bases.

I was surprised how much lows the bass had. Really thick... damn it was nice! :love::cool:

• Members

Hi, former owner here:

Good-bye "Baby-Boomer" at least we kept you in Canada.
:cry:

See, I told you I'd have pictures posted before you got home from work yesterday. :)

• Members

Sweet bass. Here's my Roadstar 2...

100_2606.jpg

I have one of those bodies and both pups. I got them all in a lot when I was trying to get some parts for my RB630 (P bass version of that). I think I am about to throw the body away though.

The previous owner did a horrid job of removing the paint and then staining it. It's all blotchy and inconsistent and I just don't have the desire to spend any energy on it. But I am getting tired of looking at all the misc parts and projects laying around taking up space that I've opted out of doing any time soon, if at all. So I think I might just start giving away or selling off everything super cheap.

• Members

I have one of those bodies and both pups. I got them all in a lot when I was trying to get some parts for my RB630 (P bass version of that). I think I am about to throw the body away though.

The previous owner did a horrid job of removing the paint and then staining it. It's all blotchy and inconsistent and I just don't have the desire to spend any energy on it. But I am getting tired of looking at all the misc parts and projects laying around taking up space that I've opted out of doing any time soon, if at all. So I think I might just start giving away or selling off everything super cheap.

Let me know :lol::thu:

• Members

Let me know
:lol::thu:

Seriously man. You want it? Cover postage and enough for a roofie for my date tonight and it's yours.

Pickups I'll sell cheaply, I paid for them and they are great pups, I am just not a PJ guy. Come to realize I'm all about the J's, so I just don't see them getting used any time soon.

Archived