• Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

which one is more beautiful
:confused:
:mad:

btw what is that renfield? ibanez?

That's what I call my Ric-on-roids. :D

1984 Ibanez RB950 Marineburst. The most diverse tone machine for a passive bass I have ever seen. There's a ton of hidden features in that simple looking bass.

Near the middle is the mostly hidden, black P bass with the majorly worn paint is my old punk bass, presently being reassembled after some work was done on it recently. It's a 1984 Ibanez RB630. Best sounding passive P I have ever played. 1984 was a great year for Ibanez. :cool:

• Members

We have the same carpet! Ha ha.

Whew, the ric? It's my oldest piece. I was working in a guitarshop with Mike and this guy comes in with a guitar case that stank to all high hell in a garbage bag.

"my Basement flooded, (sewer) I need a replacement value for this so I can send it to my insurance"

we look it up.

"It's worth about 1600, sir"

"Great, throw this out for me will you?" and then he hands the guitar over to Mike, (my husband) he goes to the washroom, washes his hands, leaves and is never seen from again.

Guitar goes into yet another garbage bag. Case gets thrown in the garbage, guitar gets thrown in my trunk. A full strip of the guitar with chemical peel later, a bit of rustease on the hardware and I have my first 6 string.
:D

Umm.. score much? :eek:

• Members

That's what I call my Ric-on-roids.

1984 Ibanez RB950 Marineburst. The most diverse tone machine for a passive bass I have ever seen. There's a ton of hidden features in that simple looking bass.

Near the middle is the mostly hidden, black P bass with the majorly worn paint is my old punk bass, presently being reassembled after some work was done on it recently. It's a 1984 Ibanez RB630. Best sounding passive P I have ever played. 1984 was a great year for Ibanez.
:cool:

well if she ever needs a real man toss her my way :thu::lol:

is this the same bass?

• Members

well if she ever needs a real man toss her my way
:thu::lol:

is this the same bass?

Similar. That is the RB960. Same body and pups. But mine has WAY more control. I can look it up tomorrow at work if you want full specs, but IIRC it has a pickup toggle, where mine has a blend. Mine has the added bonus of two push/push knobs to coil tap both pups individually, it has none.

So you effectively have 4 pups that are blendable and have a master tone. :thu:

I paid less for mine and it was a bidding war that inflated it. It's also the first I saw come available in 17 years hunting for it.

• Members

Similar. That is the RB960. Same body and pups. But mine has WAY more control. I can look it up tomorrow at work if you want full specs, but IIRC it has a pickup toggle, where mine has a blend. Mine has the added bonus of two push/
push
knobs to coil tap both pups individually, it has none.

So you effectively have 4 pups that are blendable and have a master tone.
:thu:

I paid less for mine and it was a bidding war that inflated it. It's also the first I saw come available in 17 years hunting for it.

poop

the only word i understand is the most depressing

1.jpg:love:

• Members

MTD Kingston Heir 5

Peavenbacker Kindness Special

Carvin LB-75

SX Uber-P

Fullerton Defretted Project

Trace Elliot V-Type 1x15 Combo

Fender Bassman 250/210 Combo

(DISCLAIMER: Parts and specifications subject to change at any time without notice or reimbursement.)

Archived