Obama Wins

Derek5272

• Members
And yet somehow still increased the size of the government. Spending more than you make is what got us in this whole mortgage and banking mess in the first place. Anyone wonder why there is a deficit?

Because for all but two years out of the last 50 the government has voted to spend more than they make? :D

Our elected officials ladies and gentlemen! :facepalm:

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, most presidents face something coming into their first year. Dubya obviously had 9/11, Clinton had Somalia, Bush Sr. had Panama, Reagan had the Hostages, Carter had Singlaub in South Korea, Ford wasn't elected, Nixon and LBJ obviously had Vietnam and the Arab-Israeli conflicts (along with India and Pakistan), etc...

This is exactly how I read Biden's comments from the start, and I think it is true.

• Moderators
McCain's speech was excellent, I wish him well and hope he continues his service.

I disagree with this. McCain can still go back to his Senate seat. For Pete's sake, Biden WON his Senate race tonight. As usual, between going back to their other elected jobs, there is no consequence for any of these politicians. I would have included Palin here, but I can't speak for individual states, just the Federal level.

• Members

Honestly, most presidents face something coming into their first year. Dubya obviously had 9/11, Clinton had Somalia, Bush Sr. had Panama, Reagan had the Hostages, Carter had Singlaub in South Korea, Ford wasn't elected, Nixon and LBJ obviously had Vietnam and the Arab-Israeli conflicts (along with India and Pakistan), etc...

Obama will have Iran. And Jesse Jackson.

C7

• Members

Obama will have Iran. And Jesse Jackson.

C7

Between the two of them, my money's on a much easier time handling the former :D

"Jesse...Jesse, man, I told you, you gotta make an appointment...Yeah, no, no, I told you I wasn't going to do the drapes in Kente Cloth...Seriously, I've got a job to do here, you gotta go man, we'll grab a beer later...No, I'm not just putting you off. I'll be on facebook later, seriously...I promise. I'll text Al, and he'll call you...No, he's not pissed at you, he was just tired. You're reading too much into it man...Seriously, beer and a Wizards-Bulls game, on me..."

*whispers into sleeve cuff*

"This is Eagle 1, this is Eagle 1, personnel to the Oval Office asap, I need to keep my hope alive"

• Members

My Brother might be an ignorant racist bastard but I bet you by March '09 some groups of Black people will be calling Obama an Uncle Tom......

Hence my prediction of a Jesse Jackson-backed insurgency in this country.

A lot of people figure Obama owes them quite a bit right now. If he doesn't deliver on some of the perceived windfalls that people think are coming, he's going to face considerable backlash.

He's going to get bitten on the ass by the "95% of people are getting a tax cut" line, just wait. Read. My. Lips...

C7

• Members

A lot of people figure Obama owes them quite a bit right now. If he doesn't deliver on some of the perceived windfalls that people think are coming, he's going to face considerable backlash.

He's going to get bitten on the ass by the "95% of people are getting a tax cut" line, just wait. Read. My. Lips...

C7

Kind of like every guy that gets elected president!:thu:

• Members

He's going to get bitten on the ass by the "95% of people are getting a tax cut" line, just wait.
Read. My. Lips...

C7

:lol:

• Members
I'm nit picking but that's a real stretch seeing as how they were released as soon as he completed his oath of office.

And you don't think he had that arranged in advance? :confused:

If you want something else, there was the Gulf of Sidra and the Pershing placements after the failed Geneva conference.

• Members
Kind of like every guy that gets elected president!
:thu:

Right. Except that to many blacks in this country, Obama is "one of us", so to speak, so if he doesn't do the things they think he should be doing for them, they're gonna start in with the Uncle Tom bull{censored}.

The "middle class" and poor in this country are going to be pissed when they don't get their refundable tax credit checks like he's been promising, as well.

Maybe Obama will buy us off with some Bush-style free munny action, though.:D
C7

• Members
Right. Except that to many blacks in this country, Obama is "one of us", so to speak, so if he doesn't do the things they
think
he should be doing for them, they're gonna start in with the Uncle Tom bull{censored}.

The "middle class" and poor in this country are going to be pissed when they don't get their refundable tax credit checks like he's been promising, as well.

Maybe Obama will buy us off with some Bush-style free munny action, though.
:D
C7

Didn't I just hear Obama say that the time of cynicism is over? :D :poke:

Archived