Obama Wins

Derek5272

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Regardless Jeff, there hasn't been anyone but white guys as presidents. College papers aside, he's a visually black man who is now president. At least that's how I see it.

Dan

Agreed. I really don't have a bone to pick here. Technically, he is not a black man and does not identify himself as such. That others do and he was elected whereby African-Americans are in the minority speaks volumes to his ability to inspire people.

I just don't like his politics but am looking forward to all my free government-sponsored goodies!

• Members

The Democrats now control the White House, Senate and House. For better or worse, the Democrats no longer have anyone else to blame. If they fail, it will be their fault and nobody else's. If you carry the power, you carry the burden of responsibility. The ball is in their court, let's see what they do with it now.

• Members

No, McCain is a class act.

+1

I've never before respected a Republican presidential candidate more (I was too young when Reagan was running, but he would have probably been the last one). He was forced to run the campaign he didn't want to run, and he's stuck with the result, but he at least accepts it graciously.

• Members
Mid-east, arabian, etc, are often not considered "white" as PC goes, yet are part of the "caucasian" subspecies. My understanding is that Obama is 1/4 white, 1/4 black, and 1/2 "arabic" or "mideastern".

Precisely where is he getting that 1/2 arabic? :confused:

His mom is from Kansas and his dad is Luo.

There's no Arabic or Middle Eastern anywhere, and certainly not 1/2 of his heritage (which would require his mother to have that heritage, since she's clearly not the 1/4 black you're assigning to him) :confused:

• Members

The Democrats now control the White House, Senate and House. For better or worse, the Democrats no longer have anyone else to blame. If they fail, it will be their fault and nobody else's. If you carry the power, you carry the burden of responsibility. The ball is in their court, let's see what they do with it now.

+1

The next 2 years (at least) should be productive, and I will be very disappointed if they are not.

• Members

Which is not exactly how I would like it to happen. I do appreciate a check and balance but we'll see what they do. I'd love them to succeed and for things to start working towards correction. Who knows what will actually happen. This is a huge project that Obama is now burdened with, let's hope that he doesn't fall apart.

Dan

• Members

I think the right guy won. McCain's speech was excellent, I wish him well and hope he continues his service. He's a talented and intelligent guy.

I think the right team and stronger ticket won, and I'm proud that the land of opportunity isn't a mirage.

President Obama.

I'm old enough to remember when something like this was so unthinkable, that it's realy overwhelming. I pray he is up to the task.

• Members
As KK states, Obama identifies himself as biracial.

End of story.

Just as a note, what I said was the perceptions of others does play a part :p

I can call myself "Of Scots-Irish Heritage", but if I'm in Aberdeen, they're going to see a Yank (and rightly so)...

Matters of Black and White are anything but black and white...(Ooh, I couldn't resist :D)

• Members

I never cared that Obama is black. Or bi-racial.

We have enough heritages in this country that it really is about damn time someone that's not a white guy got the nod. Still, it's not surprising that it took this long, especially considering the number of people in this country that still carry the burden of racist thought.

And I'm with T. Broom Pickinz, now that he's in, I want my free gas and mortgage payments. Hell, I'll settle for free ribs and Budweiser at this point. This whole country deserves free beer for putting up with this tedious {censored}ing election year(s).

I still don't like the guy very much, but I respect the democratic process enough that I'm not going to whine about his victory. There will be PLENTY to bitch about over the next 4 years that I don't need to dwell on the election.
C7

• Members
+1

The next 2 years (at least) should be productive, and I will be very disappointed if they are not.

The last time the Democrats controlled both houses plus the Presidency they passed the largest tax increase in history...

Of course, the last time the Republicans controlled both houses plus the Presidency, they gave us the Iraq War...

So on the whole, you might say I prefer when there's some split in terms of party control :D

• Members

President Obama.

I'm old enough to remember when something like this was so unthinkable, that it's realy overwhelming.

Me too but there are still a LOT of ignorant bastards who still think a N just in the White house.....

My Brother sent me this earlier in an email

"Attention! all Hunters report to Washington D.C. immediately, with the guns and dogs, there is a coon trying to get into the white house"

I was like what the {censored}......

• Members

I'm just wondering what that world test that Biden was talking about is. He said it would definitely happen within six months if Obama got elected. He must have some intelligence or something.

I think whoever stood into the role will be challenged, and significantly.

• Members
The last time the Democrats controlled both houses plus the Presidency they passed the largest tax increase in history...

Of course, the last time the Republicans controlled both houses plus the Presidency, they gave us the Iraq War...

So on the whole, you might say I prefer when there's some split in terms of party control
:D

And yet somehow still increased the size of the government. Spending more than you make is what got us in this whole mortgage and banking mess in the first place. Anyone wonder why there is a deficit?

• Members

I'm just wondering what that world test that Biden was talking about is. He said it would definitely happen within six months if Obama got elected.

Honestly, most presidents face something coming into their first year. Dubya obviously had 9/11, Clinton had Somalia, Bush Sr. had Panama, Reagan had the Hostages, Carter had Singlaub in South Korea, Ford wasn't elected, Nixon and LBJ obviously had Vietnam and the Arab-Israeli conflicts (along with India and Pakistan), etc...

• Members
Me too but there are still a LOT of ignorant bastards who still think a N just in the White house.....

My Brother sent me this earlier in an email

"Attention! all Hunters report to Washington D.C. immediately, with the guns and dogs, there is a coon trying to get into the white house"

I was like what the {censored}......

:facepalm:

I'm a big guy, so I can probably take out 2 or 3 racist pricks before they get by me.

Archived