NBD!!!! Semi Hollow goodness :]

poomwah

• Members

Well, hi everybody, been gone a while. Had to pop in to share my delight. I only have one pic for now, the obligatory proof of existence pic. I'll get more tonight, right now I have to get back to playing it :] There's a great story behind it too. My wife is so sneaky :] but in a good way. I am a lucky lucky man :] check out my early christmas present

DSCF1114.jpg

• Members

How the hell did you get one of those down in the US?

My friend (and now coworker) designed that model. Hell, he designed the entire brand for that matter. I've been eyeing that one for some time now. It's a great bass. I love the look of the wood flames on the body and how they are a different wood than the rest of the body.

• Members

Wow, for something that would sound a little garish if described to me, that is very nice. Good score.

In person the colours really pop. The orange flamed top flames against the brown mahogany is really sharp. It's a great price.

Poom, where'd you get it from and for how much if you don't mind my asking. PM is fine if you'd prefer.

• Members

thanks for all the responses everyone, and thank you digital pimp for organizing the search party :] Renfield, please thank your friend for designing my dream bass :]

Renfield obviously knows about this baby. For everyone else. It's a Highland Thunder Chief. And Renfield is right about the colors, that pic SUCKS, my wife is going to take some better ones, wait till you guys see it :] Hell, wait till you see how freaking nice the case is, LOL. It even has a hygrometer in it! SO now I know the level of the humidity in my case. I don't know what its supposed to be, or how to change it, but I know what it is, LOL.

Anyway, according to highland's web site its not actually mahogany but bubinga. The flames on the body are inlayed in flamed maple. Its a 34 inch scale, neck thru semi-hollow body. Two volumes, two tones, and a les paul style pickup switch. It sounds amazing :]

The story behind my getting it is pretty great too.

About a month and a half ago I fell absolutely head over heels in love with it. Love at first sight, sound, and feel. I knew there's no way I could ever get it. But dreamed of somehow getting the money together. I'd go in the store to "visit" it. Then one day, about a month ago, to my dismay, it was gone. I was totally tortured. My wife wanted to go in there today to "look around". I didn't want to go because it bummed me out that my "ultimate bass" was gone. Well, she talks to the owner for a few minutes while I'm checking out the bulletin board, and the owner comes over, shakes my hand, and hands me a case and says enjoy it. I look at Mary Ann, and she says "Merry Christmas" I was totally shocked I had NO idea!!!

She TOTALLY caught me off guard

• Members

Renfield obviously knows about this baby. For everyone else. It's a Highland Thunder Chief. And Renfield is right about the colors, that pic SUCKS...

About a month and a half ago I fell absolutely head over heels in love with it. Love at first sight, sound, and feel. I knew there's no way I could ever get it. But dreamed of somehow getting the money together. I'd go in the store to "visit" it. Then one day, about a month ago, to my dismay, it was gone. I was totally tortured. My wife wanted to go in there today to "look around". I didn't want to go because it bummed me out that my "ultimate bass" was gone. Well, she talks to the owner for a few minutes while I'm checking out the bulletin board, and the owner comes over, shakes my hand, and hands me a case and says enjoy it. I look at Mary Ann, and she says "Merry Christmas" I was totally shocked I had NO idea!!!

I'll tell him he has another fan on Monday.

As for your wife. That's just awesome man, amazing woman. Props to both of you for having found each other. :)

• Members

Thats an awesome story!

Woulda been 10x better if she came over with case and said "Honey, whats a Squier Affinity? *hands you case* Hope you like it"

:lol:

• Members

:thu:

It looks pretty wicked man. I bet it's a bit lighter than the T-40 eh?
;)

It's awesome that the wife got it for ya in that way.

How's your back doin'?

yeah, quite a bit lighter, LOL

thanks for asking about my back, it still gives me some trouble, but its a LOT better.

• Members

Thats an awesome story!

Woulda been 10x better if she came over with case and said "Honey, whats a Squier Affinity? *hands you case* Hope you like it"

:lol:

that would have been funny indeed :] no way I would have fallen for it, no way I'd ever believe there was a squier ANYTHING in THIS case

DSCF1124.jpg

From here on to be referred to as the Mango case. Because it would be a perfect place for keeping his cigars, LOL

DSCF1132.jpg

Archived