Banta

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • CMS Author

Again....Obviously.

The "angle" in this case
is
a stereotype. No matter how you try and make that NOT the issue, it still is.

But who's mentioned the stereotype other than the :rolleyes: crowd? A beheading is a {censored}ing gruesome murder. Starting a TV station to dispell stereotype and then falling right into it is pretty {censored}ing ironic, dontcha think? I can't imagine this combination not being newsworthy. Unless beheadings are commonplace in the Chi-town area. There's a murder-a-day here in Philly, but I don't recall beheadings lately. So you just ignore the Muslim connection and report it as a murder?

• Members
Obviously. I said the Christian ones aren't news.
:idea:

It's sad the news is trying to play up the stereo types, but not surprising.

Yeah there's a whole lot of Christian beheadings going on... I noticed that when a priest is accused of a molestation that supposedly took place 25 years ago, to which there are no witnesses and no proof, the news splatters the poor sucker all over your TV. No proof at all and guess what? The accuser wants money from the church! Oh the humanity!
The TV show House took a nice angle on this the other night. Some kid falsely accused an aspiring priest of molestation years before and ruined his life, almost killed him. Once he found out the aspiring priest might be dying (he didn't because House saved him of course), he went to the hospital and finally apologized.
It's the first time I've seen the argument told from the other side. That alone tells you the where most liberal media execs are coming from. They have invested in the "Christians are all part of the church coverup" angle because it's sensational and to extract huge amounts of money from the church for their lawyer friends. They have also invested in the "Muslims are the victims and we are the perpetrators" angle in order to get Obama elected and fill Congress with Pelosi's, Reids, and Franks.
Welcome to reality. :facepalm:

• Members
Again...if the "Christian ones" had an angle, they'd be front-page. Regardless of your desire to make this an issue about stupid Americans pushing stereotypes, if a Christian evangelist started a TV station to push his version of God and peace, and then offed his spouse, it'd be all over the news too. The media doesn't bias when it comes to the salatious.

Or maybe if a christian evangelist started and headed a huge church and then got caught with a male prostitute and allegedly was buying meth from him as well. :)

• Members

Again....Obviously.

The "angle" in this case
is
a stereotype. No matter how you try and make that NOT the issue, it still is.

And the "angle" in this case is that he started the station to dispel stereotypes and then lived right up to them.

How can you not see that?

• CMS Author

I do see it. Doesn't make anything I've said invalid.

Point being, how does a news outlet report this murder without falling into your "see the corruption inherent in the system!" stereotype trap? It's a salacious story from any angle, and it's virtually impossible to leave the Muslim angle out without neglecting details.

• Members

Don't kid yourself, it hasn't been all over the news. Since he's a Muslim it's been largely ignored by the major networks. Give him the death penalty.

It was on the homepage of 'msnbc.com' and there are still follow-up stories. It was on home pages of 'liberal' newspaper sites such as 'latimes.com' and 'sfgate.com'.

• Members

Point being, how does a news outlet report this murder without falling into your "see the corruption inherent in the system!" stereotype trap? It's a salacious story from any angle, and it's virtually impossible to leave the Muslim angle out without neglecting details.

They can't. I've said twice already I don't think it's worthy of being reported.

• Members

Is there a hidden message here or is this really just a good sushi place?

I have to try it. I eat right next door (Rose Garden) all the time but never tried the japanese market. Mitsuwa is right across the street from me so I go there alot. The best sushi (IMO)is in Arlington Heights, north of Central road, a place called Wildfish. OUTSTANDING.

• Members

I have to try it. I eat right next door (Rose Garden) all the time but never tried the japanese market. Mitsuwa is right across the street from me so I go there alot. The best sushi (IMO)is in Arlington Heights, north of Central road, a place called Wildfish. OUTSTANDING.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/tensuke-market-elk-grove-village

There's some info. It's very traditional, so you won't find anything crazy. They also have a fairly large menu of traditional non-sushi Japanese dishes.

• CMS Author

They can't. I've said twice already I don't think it's worthy of being reported.

Then seriously, what *is* worthy? Beheading is not a common method of murder in this country....in fact anything other than a gun murder by "average" people and knife by gang members is pretty unusual. Well, except the angry wife running over the husband thing.....;)

• Members

How does this compare to a joint such as Tsukasa?

I've not been to Tsukasa. I've been to some of the "high end" places in the city like Sushi Samba, and lots of the good neighborhood joints, and the freshness was definitely comparable, the menu was larger but not as "modern", and the cost is less than half.

Archived