For anyone interested in my adventures in lighting.

burdizzos

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

This type of goofy {censored} makes the gigs more fun and, believe it or not, people really like it. No one else in our market is doing {censored} like this, so I'm hoping that the work will pay off and we'll start scoring some higher paying gigs.

Well you guys are working pretty hard to be the best. Hope it pays off for you. That's a really nice lighting/overall stage setup. It looks quite impressive.

• Members

No, it's the Vue IIs, Vue 1.1s, ADJ Sunray and Eliminator Piranhas.

The 1.1s are in the middle of the rear truss, the Piranhas are on the front truss and the Sunray is in the middle of the front truss, so you can see when those fire.

• Members

looks great, but...

make sure your sailcloth is non-combustible.

if you get a Fire Marshal who knows his {censored} walking in, everyone could be in trouble.

Yeah, if I do that one a regular basis, I'll be getting some FR silver spandex. :thu:

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I replaced all of the cans on the front with three bar type fixtures that have 60 1 watt LEDs in each. There are 12 red, green, blue, amber and white LEDs in each.

I moved the small LED cans to the rear truss.

It's ridiculous.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Way cool, burdizzle

One of the things I admire about you is that you understand that there's plenty of people out in the audience that listen with their eyeballs

They seriously do. Our band is nothing to write home about. We are enormously talented and we do not play anything complicated or challenging. We make up for it with a top of the line PA and lighting rig that makes us sound better and look better than any other band in the market.

• Members

Dude, that set up is killer! I agree that making it a little different really helps, the crowd even notices and I'm sure they appreciate that you are setting up like a 'real concert' instead of just another cover band.

I recently grabbed a 2' tall, 23' long banner that was left over from a stage gig I worked this weekend, I'm going to measure the length from the bottom of our PA tops to the top of the subs and make hanging banners with 'Nasty' and 'Habits' on them, (band name is Nasty Habits) so we can have something other than the standard little black banner that everyone in town has... I figure I can paint the logo's on th plain whit side, as long as I take my time and make it look good, right?

Archived