Watchmen

Derek5272

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

my wife and i went...we liked it as a whole but there were a few parts where she buried her face in my arm... Rorschach was an awesome character. We're both not a fan of on screen sexy time, mostly because it all pales in comparison to our...well nevermind. but other than a few minor details etc we did like it. She really loved the soundtrack.

we also both admired Dr. Manhattan's blue-glowing cock.

lol :D

• Members

cool

i think at the very least you'll have fun...

i read the first comic probably three days after it was released (new comics came out on tuesday or weds, my brother would have been at Forbidden Planet in Manhattan that Saturday to pick it up)

I have re-read the entire series multiple times since then.

I am a long-time fan, although i don't think it's as exalted as fans usually do....

but at any rate, although i am sure it will suck, i am PSYCHED to see it.

• Members

i gotta say i was wrong.

i honestly though it was gonna suck but it was pretty {censored}ing good.

there are definitely things one could complain about, but overall it kept my interest and i kept waiting for it to start sucking and it never did.

i couldn't imagine someone not a fan of the comic liking it, but i suppose that has been the case for some.

it coulda been better, but it could have been a whole lot worse.

the biggest disapointment was how they handled the whole Big Figure bit. Corny and hammy.

• Members
That seemed essentially verbatim from the comic, what was the issue?
:confused:

i thought the casting was weak, particularly for Big Figure himself. Also, the fact that rorschach got his mask from the psychiatrist's office and had it on when he followed BF into the bathroom was kind of lame. I obviously understand why they did it, but the whole "give me my face" scene was forced in my mind.

• Members

i thought the casting was weak, particularly for Big Figure himself. Also, the fact that rorschach got his mask from the psychiatrist's office and had it on when he followed BF into the bathroom was kind of lame. I obviously understand why they did it, but the whole "give me my face" scene was forced in my mind.

Interesting. Personally, I thought they did a good job with the prison in general. The "I'm not locked in here with you..." scene in particular was one that I thought was better than in the book...

I can see how the scene with the shrink was a little repetitive, but I would have been bored with the "backup mask" scene, especially since they didn't set up the landlady and that was most of the point of that...

• Members

I just read a cool little detail that I missed in the theatre. While some complain about the method that Veidt uses to destroy/bomb the cities was changed from the original, it is not entirely true.

In the film, when Dr. Manhattan transports a generator to Veidt's lab, there is a sign on it that says "Sub Quantum Unified Intrinsic Field Device"

Get it?

Archived