Paging Spinal Injection folks

BottomHeavyKate

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I must assume one of two things. The Docs who do this every day and hold medical degrees don't know what they are talking about
or
my wife has decided to lie to me about what those docs do every day. Wait, a third possibility just occurred to me......

:)

Lug I think that your third possibility is what I'm going with too.

• Members

You know, not to sound like a kooky anonymous web patroller, but most medical conditions can have several causes.

Maybe all of you are right. Maybe none of you are. She already called the doc, it was simple "have you experienced this, y/n" question. Lets stop arguing now, unless you want to post a picture of your medical degree.

I've had training as a paramedic, which I would bet is higher than anyone else in here, but you don't see me blabbin off like I know a lot about this specific situation.

Fuckin internet. :rolleyes:

• Members

You know, not to sound like a kooky anonymous web patroller, but most medical conditions can have several causes.

Maybe all of you are right. Maybe none of you are. She already called the doc, it was simple "have you experienced this, y/n" question. Lets stop arguing now, unless you want to post a picture of your medical degree.

I've had training as a paramedic, which I would bet is higher than anyone else in here, but you don't see me blabbin off like I know a lot about this specific situation.

Fuckin internet.
:rolleyes:

I'm just hurt that he called me fat :cry:

• Members

And your degree is in?

You're right, you got me I"m a dishwasher at Outback. Always you Lemon fresh Joy on your dishes. It cuts through grease AND leaves your hands smelling Lemony-Fresh after a hard days work. The pay sucks but I get FREE bloomin' Onions anytime I'd like.

Believe what you want to believe about epidurals. I don't really care. I was just trying to help. I'll let all of the other "experts" give you all the mis-information you want; including the ambulance driver.

• Members
You're right, you got me I"m a dishwasher at Outback. Always you Lemon fresh Joy on your dishes. It cuts through grease AND leaves your hands smelling Lemony-Fresh after a hard days work. The pay sucks but I get FREE bloomin' Onions anytime I'd like.

The bloomin onions have been discontinued. Ticks me off. I liked those.

• Members

Believe what you want to believe about epidurals. I don't really care. I was just trying to help. I'll let all of the other "experts" give you all the mis-information you want; including the ambulance driver.

Which is worse, people giving out anecdotal advice and then advising the person to talk to their doctor, or someone that comes out of nowhere, tells everyone they're full of {censored}, proceeds to tell us the "correct" answer, and then sidesteps questions asking about his qualifications?

We all pretty much know each other here and genuinely care about each others' well-being, and we know who among us is qualified and who isn't, so you needn't worry about that. If you're going to tell everyone they're wrong, at least give us the courtesy to lay off the smart ass comments and explain why you know what you know.

C7

• Members

This is what I hate about the internet.

know what i hate about the internet?

posters like you.

have you ever seen her - first off - she's beautiful.

in addition to her AWESOME ass - she's got a good head on her shoulders, and if yopu're trying to convince a bunch of people who actually know her that she's hallucinating or something - YOU are crazy.

how exactly do you know that she hasnt had this taste for days? how do you know that this metallic taste thing has NEVER lasted this long before before? lots of things happen medically that have never happened before. who know's maybe it's from a combination of the other stuff she's on and the spinal injections just kicked it up.. i dont know, and neither do you.

and the world is flat.

• Members

Echoing what C7 said here. You'll see in my original post that I had put a call into my doctor and that my question was had anyone else experienced the same thing.

I've met quite a few people on here. I know who's advice I should take with a grain of salt.

But you come in and tell everyone they are wrong and balk when people ask you what your qualifications are.

Simple request:

QUALIFY YOUR INFORMATION.

You have an accounting question? I'd be happy to help because it's how I make money. I went to school for music - that qualifies to some degree my opinions or information I offer about music.

• Members

know what i hate about the internet?

posters like you.

have you ever seen her - first off - she's beautiful.

in addition to her AWESOME ass - she's got a good head on her shoulders, and if yopu're trying to convince a bunch of people who actually know her that she's hallucinating or something - YOU are crazy.

how exactly do you know that she hasnt had this taste for days? how do you know that this metallic taste thing has NEVER lasted this long before before? lots of things happen medically that have never happened before. who know's maybe it's from a combination of the other stuff she's on and the spinal injections just kicked it up.. i dont know, and neither do you.

and the world is flat.

:love:

Can I have your babies Failboat?

• Members

I am SORRY if I came off as being sarcastic. I take back the insult. Okay?

Its a start. (for the record she is not!)

..................and when in the history of history has it ever been a good idea to even obliquely imply (sarcastically or otherwise?) that a woman is "bottom heavy"? :facepalm:

• Members

Hey Kate

http://www.druglib.com/druginfo/marcaine-spinal/warnings_precautions/

The safety and effectiveness of spinal anesthetics depend on proper dosage, correct technique, adequate precautions, and readiness for emergencies. Resuscitative equipment, oxygen, and other resuscitative drugs should be available for immediate use. (See WARNINGS and ADVERSE REACTIONS.) The patient should have IV fluids running via an indwelling catheter to assure a functioning intravenous pathway. The lowest dosage of local anesthetic that results in effective anesthesia should be used. Aspiration for blood should be performed before injection and injection should be made slowly. Tolerance varies with the status of the patient. Elderly patients and acutely ill patients may require reduced doses. Reduced doses may also be indicated in patients with increased intra-abdominal pressure (including obstetrical patients), if otherwise suitable for spinal anesthesia.

There should be careful and constant monitoring of cardiovascular and respiratory (adequacy of ventilation) vital signs and the patient

• Members

Hey Kate

The safety and effectiveness of spinal anesthetics depend on proper dosage, correct technique, adequate precautions, and readiness for emergencies. Resuscitative equipment, oxygen, and other resuscitative drugs should be available for immediate use. (See WARNINGS and ADVERSE REACTIONS.) The patient should have IV fluids running via an indwelling catheter to assure a functioning intravenous pathway. The lowest dosage of local anesthetic that results in effective anesthesia should be used. Aspiration for blood should be performed before injection and injection should be made slowly. Tolerance varies with the status of the patient. Elderly patients and acutely ill patients may require reduced doses. Reduced doses may also be indicated in patients with increased intra-abdominal pressure (including obstetrical patients), if otherwise suitable for spinal anesthesia.

There should be careful and constant monitoring of cardiovascular and respiratory (adequacy of ventilation) vital signs and the patient

• Members

Hey Kate

• Members

my dr called me back, he says kate, you've got a classic case of TOO MUCH COWBELL!!! that's where the metal taste is coming from.

he even asked "is your friend a regular of HCBF, because i hear there's a lotta cowbell over there??" really he said that..

so i got you this

AAAAAnTlhRAAAAAAAC4wEw.jpg

you're welcome.

now come hither so i can impregnate you :eek:

• Members

my dr called me back, he says kate, you've got a classic case of TOO MUCH COWBELL!!! that's where the metal taste is coming from.

he even asked "is your friend a regular of HCBF, because i hear there's a lotta cowbell over there??" really he said that..

so i got you this

AAAAAnTlhRAAAAAAAC4wEw.jpg

you're welcome.

now come hither so i can impregnate you
:eek:

I'll be needing video of the attempt at the very least!

Archived