Farting On Stage?

burdizzos

• Members

Do any of you actually have to tell band members that they shouldn't fart while playing?

It seems like it should be an unspoken rule that should never be mentioned.

I've had the misfortune of playing with two guys that thought it was both hilarious and cool to fart while playing.

For starters, it's just {censored}ing rude and disrespectful to the band, especially the drummer because he can't go wireless and escape. Secondly, it seems horribly unprofessional because there's a good chance that will drift off stage or worse, someone could come up on stage to make a request only to be hit in the face with a wall of {censored}.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ROFL!!! Yeah I never really thought about it but that's so true, it's loud up there so no one will hear it, but they will smell it hehe ... I don't see a problem with it and if anyone of my bandmates complained I'd just laugh at them cuz its really not a big deal, c'mon its just a fart dude! :thu:

• Members

Do any of you actually have to tell band members that they shouldn't fart while playing?

It seems like it should be an unspoken rule that should never be mentioned.

I've had the misfortune of playing with two guys that thought it was both hilarious and cool to fart while playing.

For starters, it's just {censored}ing rude and disrespectful to the band, especially the drummer because he can't go wireless and escape. Secondly, it seems horribly unprofessional because there's a good chance that will drift off stage or worse, someone could come up on stage to make a request only to be hit in the face with a wall of {censored}.

LOL first and foremost.

I dont know about cool but farts are funny...

how small is the stage you are playing on that this is an issue.

Have you ever smelled an audience......not exactly the cleanest group of people.

• Members

Reminds me of our drummer. When we met him about 7-8 years ago he musta been on some weirdo freak diet or sumthin cuz he cleared the studio out about 3 times outta 4 for the 1st couple of months and at the 1st gig he melted everyone's face in the 1st 2 rows during our opening set.

I LMAO thinking about it now (and I will remind and trash him about it later) but that night I was mortified. Some chick actually shouted out WTF crawled up in you guyz and died? :):facepalm:

• Members

My God, the singer let one out last night that just killed us on stage. I thought someone had {censored} right on stage! And a very small corner stage to boot.

A couple weeks ago we were playing a regular show. There were 3 very cute girls dancing/playing pool near the stage. All of a sudden it smelled like someone had died. The guitarist looked at me, I looked at him... we looked off stage and all 3 girls were laughing, though one was laughing out of embarrassment.

• Members

our old rhythm guitarist used to fart at least three times a practice and those {censored}ers stunk bad and stuck around for a solid 2 or 3 minutes.

if i had to fart id fart on stage. i doubt anyone else would notice because im not going to pick one leg up and make a face while doing it.

• Members

I'd need a stage plot with dimensions and personal positions to write up a John Madden playbook on the matter.

Practices in a small acoustically treated room or recording studio = NOT COOL

Live well it all depends, I mean do you think you'll get asked back if you guys are wincing in pain from clenching your butt the whole set?

• Members

I drop neutron bombs at all times. I figure if they won't kiss my ass, the least they can do is smell it.

I dropped a McDonald's Double QP bomb on the band once in rehearsal. The drummer actually came over the front of the drumset to get out of the room. It was pretty rad.

C7

• Members

If i don't let it go at the moment it makes itself known, theres a good chance it could crawl back up inside and hang out for a long time, causing some sever pain and discomfort. Being the singer, i don't want that pressure inside messing with my diaphragm, right? so i have no choice but to let it rip. Of course there is always the risk of follow through...thats whole nother thread...

I think i have smelled crowds that were probably worse than i could ever be.

Practice is a different story, see we practice in the bottom story of a converted cold war era bomb shelter. Awsome if you want to go turn all the way up and practice @ 3:30 on a tuesday morning, but if you have four or five guys in there just breathing, or just a little B.O., it can get gnarly fast. let alone if someone is lettin em rip.

its funny too how your nose can adjust, we don't notice the stuffy smell, and someone walks into the room and chokes. I usually show up after the other band we share with has been practicing for two hours, it feels like all the air has been sucked out of the room. the first thing i always do is go straight to the fan (i brought down there) and put it on high. i used to buy air fresheners but someone was complaining about how the place smelled like a strip club.

• Members

Farts are only funny when you can hear them. Without the sound, it's just nasty.

I play bars which means the biggest "stage" I routinely see is 10x20.

So not true..... Farts are wonderful especially when you bring a small fan and turn it towards the stationary drummer.

• Members

I sing a lot of songs in D and G. I have quite a few high notes to get out. I can't help it if my diaphramal contractions might shake a little of the hot stuff past the breaking point....

It has only been an issue like one (or two) times... the air flow seemed to keep it all in the up stage-right corner... poor guitar player....

As long as its not intentional, I think it;s fine, sh*t happens.

Well, let's hope in this case it doesn't..

• Members

I drop neutron bombs at all times. I figure if they won't kiss my ass, the least they can do is smell it.

I dropped a McDonald's Double QP bomb on the band once in rehearsal. The drummer actually came over the front of the drumset to get out of the room. It was pretty rad.

C7

LOL

Archived