Are right-wing political types more violent?

philthygeezer

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why is Obama getting four times the death threats that Bush did? I suspect that right-wing authoritarians are more amenable to violence as a solution than the lefty-liberals who opposed Bush.

Any thoughts?

1) the rhetoric is a little hotter.

2) I would reckon more right-wingers own guns.

3) Don't forget good old-fashioned racism.

• Members

Why is Obama getting four times the death threats that Bush did? I suspect that right-wing authoritarians are more amenable to violence as a solution than the lefty-liberals who opposed Bush.

Any thoughts?

both sides have their violent crackpots

• Members

1. It's by "The Canadian Press", whoever that is

2. I saw and read plenty about this junk, pre-election. Amazingly, all of these death-threat types didn't hit the news nearly as hard once he had won the November election

3. Approval dropped under 47% today. Gotta muster sympathy somehow

:thu:

Notice how there's not one bit of evidence or factual documentation in that letter. When it's right-wing, it's "Faux News", but oh no- if it's NPR or some foreigners, it's taken as gospel. :D Couldn't have written it better myself!

If you believe what you read about the Town Hall Meetings being "Planted", then how in God's name could you take this at face value? :facepalm:

• Members

Well, I get all my info from Fox News and according to them the protesters on health care have been polite and respectful, unlike the "idiots" that protested the Iraq war and Bush which Bill O'Reilly correctly labeled as "Nazis".

But seriously, there are crazies everywhere, both sides and in the middle. They're EVERYWHERE! :eek:

• Members

its hard to get to the bottom of it, given

but, i do think right-wingers are more likely to own guns (its one of their big issues after all), but that does not mean they will all consider using them

but, i think if a protester showed at a bush event with a gun, it would have been in the news. that shocked me when it happened, and frankly scared me.

• Members

1. It's by "The Canadian Press", whoever that is

2. I saw and read plenty about this junk, pre-election. Amazingly, all of these death-threat types didn't hit the news nearly as hard once he had won the November election

3. Approval dropped under 47% today. Gotta muster sympathy somehow

:thu:

Notice how there's not one bit of evidence or factual documentation in that letter. When it's right-wing, it's "Faux News", but oh no- if it's NPR or some foreigners, it's taken as gospel.
:D
Couldn't have written it better myself!

If you believe what you read about the Town Hall Meetings being "Planted", then how in God's name could you take this at face value?
:facepalm:

Half of this post is fair. Attribution would be nice.

However, saying that foreigners couldn't POSSIBLY know what's going on in the world, or in America, is ridiculous. Especially Canadians. What is it about outside perspectives that y'all conservative types are against?

• Members

My favorite statement:

"It started with Sarah Palin and the way the crowds responded to her last year, and continued with the tea party gatherings and now the town hall meetings on health care - there is an arc of rhetorical excess that I think is rightly worrying to people."

:facepalm:(.....and I don't ever use the facepalm)

• Members

Half of this post is fair. Attribution would be nice.

However, saying that foreigners couldn't POSSIBLY know what's going on in the world, or in America, is ridiculous. Especially Canadians. What is it about outside perspectives that y'all conservative types are against?

Did you read my post? Obviously you didn't. I questioned the source 1. because I've never heard of it before today and 2. there's not a shred of factual data or evidence to be found.

It basically boils down to a poast in Oh-Jay. :facepalm:

• Members

I'm more scared of Sarah Palin and her followers than I am of Obama. Srsly. Obama is the President, which means he is tightly constrained in the things he an say or do. Palin can just spout off bull{censored}, and scream "dont hit me, I'm a girl" when anybody calls her on it. I thoght McCain has brilliantly wrong-footed the Dems when he made her his running mate. Now, I really think he made a deal with the Devil and got screwed on the transaction.

• Members

On further reading I acknowledge that the article is fuzzy on specifics and long on conjecture. The death threat thing seems to hinge on Ronald Kessler's claims.

In an article for Newsmax, on
, Kessler incorrectly reported, based on a previous
Newsmax
story by a freelance writer, that Senator
attended a service at Chicago's
on
, during which Rev.
gave a sermon that blamed world suffering on "white arrogance."
The Obama campaign denied that Obama had attended the church on the day that sermon was delivered and other reporters discovered that Obama was in fact in transit to
on that day.
Newsmax posted a "clarification" while standing by the story, suggesting that perhaps the sermon occurred on a different day in July.
Shortly after the controversy broke, Kessler confirmed to
that he attempted to remove information documenting it from his
biography.
More recently, Kessler wrote
, exposing mythology about whether Obama is a U.S. citizen. He also wrote
, reporting that intelligence officials are impressed by how Obama takes intelligence briefings, and
, contrasting Obama's approach to cultivating Washington with George Bush's.

Seems like a generally OK reporter except for dishonesty regarding the Wright thing. Is there independent corroboration of the number of death threats anywhere?

• Members

On further reading I acknowledge that the article is fuzzy on specifics and long on conjecture. The death threat thing seems to hinge on Ronald Kessler's claims.

Seems like a generally OK reporter except for dishonesty regarding the Wright thing. Is there independent corroboration of the number of death threats anywhere?

The real thing I'd want to see is, serious ones vs. random emails or whatnot saying "Zomg, I hate the prez!! He sucks! If he died that'd be awesome!"

I mean, people get that bored. Just look around here. :facepalm:

I wouldn't consider that a serious "death threat" where the SS takes action to protect Obama's email account with assault rifles.

• Members

Probably a little... But I think it mostly has to do with douche bag cops.
:lol:

Those two words are interchangeable for me, at least IRL.

douche = cop, cop = douche

I'm as white and young professional looking as you can get, and I still get {censored}ed with for suspected drug and dead body trafficking. :facepalm: Meh...

• Moderators
Those two words are interchangeable for me, at least IRL.

douche = cop, cop = douche

I'm as white and young professional looking as you can get, and I still get {censored}ed with for suspected drug and dead body trafficking.
:facepalm:
Meh...

That might have to do with your pimped out Expedition going down the road at 30 mph above the speed limit, too. Just an FYI.:lol:

• CMS Author

its hard to get to the bottom of it, given

but, i do think right-wingers are more likely to own guns (its one of their big issues after all), but that does not mean they will all consider using them

but, i think if a protester showed at a bush event with a gun, it would have been in the news. that shocked me when it happened, and frankly scared me.

Can someone explain how legal gun ownership correlates to a propensity for violence? Hunting is not violence. Neither is target shooting. Neither is simply keeping arms at home for protection. I think the vast majority of *legal* gun owners are more than well aware of the potential of a deadly weapon to live up to its name, and are respectful of this.

Now let's ask what the political demographic is for convicted gun violence felons.

• Moderators
Can someone explain how legal gun ownership correlates to a propensity for violence? Hunting is not violence. Neither is target shooting. Neither is simply keeping arms at home for protection. I think the vast majority of *legal* gun owners are more than well aware of the potential of a deadly weapon to live up to its name, and are respectful of this.

Now let's ask what the political demographic is for convicted gun violence felons.

I'd take 85% Dem in an over under situation and probably still have more than a few points to give.:lol:

• Members

So then we could say that many right-wingers own guns, but many left-wingers actually use them.

Fun With Statistics!!!! Yay!!
:lol:

The propensity to commit crimes with a gun has everything to do with political leanings, eh? :lol:

It's silly to think either side is different. Same {censored} happened with war protesters, except the Bush folks didn't let them into meetings.

That said, this whole town hall thing is hilarious and some of the footage is priceless. I hope it keeps up!

Archived