Okay this is weird - Palin content

knuckle_head

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder what would happen if someone had a conceal & carry permit and wanted to bring in a handgun. That'd be some funny {censored}.

"You with the handgun... Come sit up front. You're our star neo-con for the night. You with the cell phone... Get out of here before I call the police!!"

• Members

So you think that Wisconsin Right to Life decided on those restriction on their own?

Yeah, it doesn't specify who came up with the restrictions. It makes more sense that her handlers requested it than the Right to Life people though IMO. It's a controversial belief to have so it's not surprising her handlers would want to keep it on the down low.

• Members

Yeah, it doesn't specify who came up with the restrictions. It makes more sense that her handlers requested it than the Right to Life people though IMO. It's a controversial belief to have so it's not surprising her handlers would want to keep it on the down low.

Stop killing unborn children is a contreversial belief?

Really?

Which part? That these are actually unborn children? Or that it's a bad thing to kill them?

• Members

Stop killing unborn children is a contreversial belief?

Really?

Which part? That these are actually unborn children? Or that it's a bad thing to kill them?

It's a controversial belief, especially in politics,and a possibly damaging one if you fall to hard on one side of the fence. In the civilian world it's as controversial a belief as believing a woman has an inherent right to her body. I didn't think this would be something I'd have to explain. It has been and probably always will be a controversial topic regardless of your stance.

Now it may not be as controversial as my belief in mandatory abortions for everyone...but it's still a touchy subject.

• Members

A solemn vow to never get into political threads.What was I thinking
:wave:
?

yeah, I try to avoid them like H1N1 - but there ain't no shot for either, yet.

the "this is weird" hooked me, though. kinda like not being able to look away from some terrible accident.

• Members

yeah, I try to avoid them like H1N1 - but there ain't no shot for either, yet.

the "this is weird" hooked me, though. kinda like not being able to look away from some terrible accident.

There is a vaccine against the H1N1. We are getting them next week. I do wish they had a vaccine for politics on HCBF though...

• Members

It's only a touchy subject to radicals, such as yourself. The difficulty a hardline conservative may have on the subject is how that hardliner wishes to govern that stance. There's nothing controversial about protecting an unborn child.

If this statement was anywhere near correct abortion wouldn't be an issue, would it? The idea that people want the government to step in and dictate what a person can or can't do with their body is definitely controversial, fetus'/baby aside.

• Moderators

It's only a touchy subject to radicals, such as yourself. The difficulty a hardline conservative may have on the subject is how that hardliner wishes to govern that stance. There's nothing controversial about protecting an unborn child.

:facepalm:

That's less subtle than Thrustin.

• Members

It's a controversial belief, especially in politics,and a possibly damaging one if you fall to hard on one side of the fence. In the civilian world it's as controversial a belief as believing a woman has an inherent right to her body. I didn't think this would be something I'd have to explain. It has been and probably always will be a controversial topic regardless of your stance.

Now it may not be as controversial as my belief in mandatory abortions for everyone...but it's still a touchy subject.

See, this....to me....is where it isn't controversial at all.

I believe a woman has a right to her body. I don't believe she has a right to kill another body, with a different DNA profile, that is using her body as a host due to HER actions. ;)

I don't see the 2 sides as diametrically opposed. I think the woman has a right to her body, much as I have a right to mine. I also think the unborn child has a right to life as well. It's when I put my right to my body over the right of another to live that we run into a problem.

Archived