Okay this is weird - Palin content

knuckle_head

• Members

Abortions are awesome!!!
:p

I'm pro choice for everyone but myself. IMO a fetus is not a human. It has the potential to be a human as much as an egg has the potential to be a chicken and a cocoon has the potential to be a butterfly.

That said, if you unintentionally knock up a woman or you are unintentionally knocked up, be an adult and raise your child. If you're going to do adult things, be sure to pay adult consequences... Not that raising a child is a "consequence"... Quite the contrary, but it is life-changing to be sure.

Also, any abortions after the first trimester disgust me unless the woman is going to die if she doesn't get one.

I realize you said "IMO" but the fact of the matter is that a fetus is human in every sense of the word. It is a living being with unique DNA that science can only describe as human. Same for the cocoon, it already has a genetic structure that a biologist would only describe as a butterfly. Now, as far as the egg is concerned, it depends on whether or not it is a fertilized egg. The kind you have over easy with toast are not fertilized eggs and a biologist would tell you that your not getting a chicken out of that egg.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I realize you said "IMO" but the fact of the matter is that a fetus is human in every sense of the word. It is a living being with unique DNA that science can only describe as human. Same for the cocoon, it already has a genetic structure that a biologist would only describe as a butterfly. Now, as far as the egg is concerned, it depends on whether or not it is a fertilized egg. The kind you have over easy with toast are not fertilized eggs and a biologist would tell you that your not getting a chicken out of that egg.

I understand that the DNA is there, but it cannot live outside of the mother so whether or not it is "living" remains questionable. Really though... My mind isn't going to be changed in this regard.

Freedom is choice.

• Members

I understand that the DNA is there, but it cannot live outside of the mother so whether or not it is "living" remains questionable. Really though... My mind isn't going to be changed in this regard.

Freedom is choice.

Hitler chose.

...runs like hell :D

• Members

Well, idon't really see her referring to pro-choice advocates at "Baby murdering {censored}ers" or anything inflammatory like that.

what exactly do you think she would say, or how would she say it that hasn't been said a gazillion times before by others?

People are shocked by my over the top hyperbole about barack obama, but that's not an innate behavior, even though I'm so damn good at it. It's learned behavior. Liberals have taught me that it doesn't have to be true or even representative to say it, and the more outrageous the better, so I'll continue to call barack obama a gay rodeo clown that tosses calf salad and chugs bull semen.

I want to make a bumper sticker that says "My Tranny Friend's Cock Gave barack obama Herpes On His Face".

C7

• Moderators

Well, idon't really see her referring to pro-choice advocates at "Baby murdering {censored}ers" or anything inflammatory like that.

what exactly do you think she would say, or how would she say it that hasn't been said a gazillion times before by others?

Good question. Why do you suppose they were so concerned that they chose to close the event to all forms of recording? I have no idea, but it's been my experience that there's generally a reason when people choose to do things behind closed doors. The very choice generates suspicion in my mind.

• Moderators

Good question. Why do you suppose they were so concerned that they chose to close the event to all forms of recording? I have no idea, but it's been my experience that there's generally a reason when people choose to do things behind closed doors. The very choice generates suspicion in my mind.

Exactly.

• Members

So you think that Wisconsin Right to Life decided on those restriction on their own?

Could be. Outside Minneapolis/St. Paul and Madison, Minnesota and Wisconsin are bastions of the pro-life movement.

Frankly, I find labels like 'pro-life' and 'pro-choice' a bit ingenuous. 'Pro-abortion' and 'anti-abortion' are more accurate.

• Members

Pretty much the same as pro-life and pro-choice---both labels are exercises in sugar-coating. Why not just call them what they are?

Because IMO that's exactly what it is. You either have a choice or you don't. Freedom is the ability to choose.

• Members

To be honest, Sarah Palin being involved somehow is probably what "generates suspicion" in your mind. :D

• Members

To be honest, Sarah Palin being involved somehow is probably what "generates suspicion" in your mind.
:D

If the title read: "Obama to speak at WI Pro-Choice rally - media/recording devices prohibited" all the righties would be up in arms. Politics are lame.

• Members

If the title read: "Obama to speak at WI Pro-Choice rally - media/recording devices prohibited" all the righties would be up in arms. Politics are lame.

No disagreement there. I'm just pointing out to Isaac what probably caused the generated suspicion in his mind.

:D

• Moderators

Could be. Outside Minneapolis/St. Paul and Madison, Minnesota and Wisconsin are bastions of the pro-life movement.

Frankly, I find labels like 'pro-life' and 'pro-choice' a bit ingenuous. 'Pro-abortion' and 'anti-abortion' are more accurate.

I don't think I've ever met anyone who was "pro-abortion", so I think "pro-choice" is accurate. "Pro-life" does not, in my opinion, accurately define the other position, and I agree that "anti-abortion" is accurate.

• Moderators

How about pro-freedom and anti-freedom? That's the way I see it, anyway.

Those who consider themselves pro-life would agree. They are in favor of the unborn child being free to be born and to live its life, while their opponents are against that freedom.

Archived