I'm going to buy that Acoustic 2x15 cab!

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

Thanks for the info, very interesting and good to know.

I had an old Traynor amp with 4 8" speakers, and the low end was amazingly huge. I've heard that a bunch of 8" drivers work well for bass too?

I'm definitely keeping my eye out for something like that.

Thanks for the tips.

There was an older Peavey 1x15 cab that I tried while my amp was there....and it sounded really good. I'd have to find a matching 4x10 to go with it.

Sadly, the efficiency of my Yorkville 4x10 is so low that every cab I've tried it with blows it out of the water volume-wise.

I don't believe in the 410+115 stack - I don't think it works nearly as well as a 215, a pair of 115s, or a 410 paired up with a 210 or another 410...

- georgestrings

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
After hearing that 1x15.....I'm really interested in 2 15" rig. Thus my obsession with the acoustic.
:o

What don't you like about the 410-115 combo?

That pairing doesn't work nearly as well as the others I mentioned - the 115 typically gets buried when paired up with any decent 410, and ends up being fairly useless... I really like a good 215, or any combination of 6 to 8 tens...

- georgestrings

• Members
Sick interest in sound or professional obsession?

I have a sick interest in getting the most bang for my buck ;) I bought a lot of {censored}ty stuff when I was starting out and it's all been a learning experience. Every single cab I buy has gotten better and better, and finally learned my lesson I think :p

• Members

I have a sick interest in getting the most bang for my buck
;)
I bought a lot of {censored}ty stuff when I was starting out and it's all been a learning experience. Every single cab I buy has gotten better and better, and finally learned my lesson I think
:p

So what are you playing through?;)

• Members
So what are you playing through?
;)

Tis in my sig =)

Gonna buy something smaller though, since I'm starting to play enough that hauling all that crap for every little show is annoying. It really is amazing how few venues actually require something bigger than a 100w 1x15 combo :p That's the last lesson I learned ;)

• Members

I used to play though an Acoustic 2X15 and peavey 4x10. Got another Peavey 4X10 because it has as much or more bottom than the Acoustic but could handle a lot more power. The Acoustic sound great, even by today's standards. It is the smaller 402 model, very "clear" sounding for lack of a better word.

• Members

Tis in my sig =)

Gonna buy something smaller though, since I'm starting to play enough that hauling all that crap for every little show is annoying. It really is amazing how few venues actually require something bigger than a 100w 1x15 combo
:p
That's the last lesson I learned
;)

PA support has come a long way.

Archived