Fox News finally legit!!!!!!

lug

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am starting to think it doesn't really matter who is president. I think the speaker of the house does more damage legislation wise. The past few presidents to me are starting to look like just the face and mouth piece for who ever is pulling the strings...

Obama = Rham Emmanuel (sp?), his many "mentors", et. al.
W. Bush = Cheney / Rove
Clinton = Hillary, The bigwigs staying in the Lincoln bedroom, et. al.

And we the people have no way to control who these background puppeteers are, other than voting for the mouth piece and what friends he surrounds himself with...

• Members
If Palin runs for president, she'll get destroyed. It would be just about the dumbest thing the Republicans have ever done.
:facepalm:

Seriously, I can't see how Republicans would want her to run, given that they've got a good choice of other potentially much stronger candidates.

• Members

Seriously, I can't see how Republicans would
want
her to run, given that they've got a good choice of other potentially much stronger candidates.

Her appeal is that with the possible exception Huckabee, she's the most conservative of the major candidates and appeals to religious right part of the party as well. The reason she was said to "energize" the party when brought onboard by McCain was that she appeals to the opposite end of the party tahn McCain does.

• Members

Her appeal is that with the possible exception Huckabee, she's the most conservative of the major candidates and appeals to religious right part of the party as well. The reason she was said to "energize" the party when brought onboard by McCain was that she appeals to the opposite end of the party tahn McCain does.

I'm pretty convinced that if McCain had chosen a less polarizing figure as his running mate he'd have won the election. IMO, the further you are from the middle the less likely it is you'll be elected no matter which side of the fence you're on.

• Moderators
I'm pretty convinced that if McCain had chosen a less polarizing figure as his running mate he'd have won the election.

McCain lost the election the day he said "the fundamentals of the economy are strong" and Lehman filed the largest Chapter 11 in US history. The way he handled the bailout proceedings also lacked significant foresight. You give Palin way too much credit for McCain's demise. His collapse after gaining the lead in the polls was due to his own hands.

• Moderators
I am starting to think it doesn't really matter who is president. I think the speaker of the house does more damage legislation wise. The past few presidents to me are starting to look like just the face and mouth piece for who ever is pulling the strings...

Obama = Rham Emmanuel (sp?), his many "mentors", et. al.

W. Bush = Cheney / Rove

Clinton = Hillary, The bigwigs staying in the Lincoln bedroom, et. al.

And we the people have no way to control who these background puppeteers are, other than voting for the mouth piece and what friends he surrounds himself with...

:idea:

Welcome to Team Kindness.

• Members
I think Ron Paul is the strongest Republican candidate because he's not 100% Republican.

You believe Ron Paul could pull in more support than Palin in the next election? :eek:

You've not been paying much attention to how the media operates with regards to that man.

• Members

Yeah, that worked out well.

• Members

So? There's not a chance that middle of the road folks will vote for Palin either. She's too polarizing.

I think you should go back and look at Ron Paul's actual polling numbers, he never even came close to even getting out of single digits. He's my congressman and I think he's great, but reality is reality and wishes ain't fishes.

• Moderators

So? There's not a chance that middle of the road folks will vote for Palin either. She's too polarizing.

Strawman. The question is "name these potentially stronger candidates." It's not "how polarizing Palin is." Paul is not a potentially stronger candidate. However, here's a potential list, some of whom were on a poll list, including Petraeus. I hadn't thought about him previously.

Gov. Sarah Palin

Gov. Mitt Romney

Gov. Mike Huckabee

General David Petraeus

Mayor Rudy Giuiliani

Sen. Newt Gingrich

Gov. Bobby Jindal

Gov. Jeb Bush

Gov. Tim Pawlenty

Gov. Charlie Crist

Sen. Lindsey Graham

Rep. Ron Paul

• Members

Strawman. The question is "name these potentially stronger candidates." It's not "how polarizing Palin is." Paul is not a potentially stronger candidate. However, here's a potential list, some of whom were on a poll list, including Petraeus. I hadn't thought about him previously.

Gov. Sarah Palin

Gov. Mitt Romney

Gov. Mike Huckabee

General David Petraeus

Mayor Rudy Giuiliani

Sen. Newt Gingrich

Gov. Bobby Jindal

Gov. Jeb Bush

Gov. Tim Pawlenty

Gov. Charlie Crist

Sen. Lindsey Graham

Rep. Ron Paul

Not sure how I feel about that, but around here there are a lot of people who keep mentioning our gov (Haley Barbour) for that list. I don't really see it, but there are several who keep throwing it out there.

Archived