Mass Senate Race

ThudMaker

• Moderators
just for pure curiositys sake. What are those ideas ? Dergululating companies so they can sell insurance across sate lines ? Well {censored}. they already do that when the underwriters sell those policys bundles to wall street hedges and insruance funds.

but please tell me the New Ideas they have.

Here's a summary of one such bill.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the problem with "political threads" is that they were always started from a pov that was heavily biased/slanted toward a particular view (CD's threads for example) and it was little more than a glorified he said she said third grade playground arguement. Little if anything was reasonably debated, and 95% of what was put out was opinion based vs factual based. Granted my statistics here are probably wrong, but then again so was trying to find a well rounded discussion on a touchy topic. Not this thread, but others.

• Members

I think Reagan helped make Rep = conservative for a while. There have always been liberal Republicans though. The Republican party flirts with conservatism and libertarianism to get votes and it's been that way for a very long time.

In times past, Rep = Conservative. Not anymore. I personally know many Conservative Dems, Conservative Indys (
:wave:
), as well as some Conservative Reps. But the two are not synonymous anymore.

The extreme right frightens me as much as the extreme left.

• Members
I think Reagan helped make Rep = conservative for a while. There have always been liberal Republicans though. The Republican party flirts with conservatism and libertarianism to get votes and it's been that way for a very long time.

Actually it was Barry Goldwater who cemented the Conservative label on the Republicans. He makes Reagan look downright liberal. :lol:

• Members

Here is
survey. The results of the survey are pretty clear.

"Everyone hates this plan, people are on to us, Harry! What do we do??" whined Nancy Pelosi, as she zipped her blouse and got up off her knees.

"Keep lying, of course, and obfuscating, and conducting secret meetings. As long as we can hide our actions from the stupid {censored}ing asshole electorate, we'll get away with this. Just don't piss off the media and they'll help us. It's going to be OK, Nancy. Barack assured me." chortled Harry Reid, shortly after removing a turgid rod from the backside of his tonsils.

Just then, the door burst open. It was barack obama, and he shouted "Hey! Is someone suckin' dick up in this bitch? Unless I'm doing the suckin', you're gonna have to pay me, mother{censored}ers!!"

"{censored} off, bitch, we {censored}ing own you, you wouldn't know your taint from your tibia you stupid sad sack of {censored}. WE MADE YOU!!", shouted Reid, angry at his bitch's insolence.

"Oh. Yeah. Um. Sorry, sir", obama replied, as Pelosi clamped on the collar and lead...

• Members

I'm shocked. Honestly.

I grew up in that {censored}ing commonwealth and regardless of what the voter registration polls show about the % of independents in Mass, it's probably the biggest Dem stronghold in the country.

For them to elect a GOP senator to the seat Kennedy held for 40+ years is a serious shot across the bow of Obama, Pelosi, Reid, etc.

If this doesn't make the point that the people are not happy, then nothing will.

Makes me think that maybe there is hope yet for this country.

Archived