Mass Senate Race

ThudMaker

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Maybe this will turn the health care effort back to an incremental approach? Or will it just kill the whole thing? Rep's seem so dead set on doing nothing, I hope somebody finds a way to make this an opportunity.

It'll force the Dems into working with the Republicans for the first time in a while, at least for the next year. Hopefully the Dems will see this as a shot across the bow from the US voting public and reacts appropriately. Similarly, the Republicans just got handed an opportunity. It'd be just like them to screw it up, here's to hoping that they don't. :facepalm:

• Members

Maybe this will turn the health care effort back to an incremental approach? Or will it just kill the whole thing? Rep's seem so dead set on doing nothing, I hope somebody finds a way to make this an opportunity.

Doing nothing?

That would be like me walking past your house while you're struggling to put out a raging inferno in your garage, and bitching that you wont lend me your lighter to light my cigarette.

C7

• Members

No they aren't. They've put plenty of ideas on the table.

Yeah, I remember hearing that there is a Rep who added something like 30 amendments to the bill, then refused to vote for it.

From the beginning their goal seemed to have more to do with making Obama look like a failure than with getting anything done.

Regardless, I hope somebody R or D gets their {censored} together and starts it over, but I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing gets dropped as a lost cause and we continue letting Medicare and Medicaid bankrupt us...

• Moderators
Yeah, I remember hearing that there is a Rep who added something like 30 amendments to the bill, then refused to vote for it.

From the beginning their goal seemed to have more to do with making Obama look like a failure than with getting anything done.

Regardless, I hope somebody R or D gets their {censored} together and starts it over, but I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing gets dropped as a lost cause and we continue letting Medicare and Medicaid bankrupt us...

You should try reading something other than huffington post for your news.

• Members

I've never read Huffington post. Should I start? I thought it was a blog, I don't read blogs.

I just tried to find the name of the guy I was thinking of though, and apparently there were lots of procedural amendments made at some point. That's likely what I had heard about.

• Members

Yeah but...but...you should, um...quit, you know, watching FAUX NEWS!!!1!!1! cuz it's, like, faux and {censored}.

Trying to make b. hussein look bad is a waste of time, he's doing a damn fine job of looking totally incompetent on his own. Why grill your own grilled cheez when your wife will do it for you because she obeys you?:confused:
C7

• Members
Also, it couldn't have helped to have all the stupid backroom deals with health care going on.

Ya know, I pointed that out a couple of weeks ago and was told that the Reps were INVITED to those meetings and chose not to attend.

:facepalm:

Fox...NBC...Rather/CBS...ABC...who to trust...and why trust any of them?

• Members
Ya know, I pointed that out a couple of weeks ago and was told that the Reps were INVITED to those meetings and chose not to attend.

:facepalm:

Fox...NBC...Rather/CBS...ABC...who to trust...and why trust any of them?

Honestly, I get most of my political news from lurking the threads here. So I hope you guys take that responsibility seriously. :p

I watch the long-form news shows here and there as well: Meet the Press, Frontline, Charlie Rose, etc. Also, Stewart and Colbert.

• Members

Hasn't been a newsman for years now.

He was sacked for CREATING anti-Rep news when there was none there. Reporting the W Bush document was his THIRD creation. The first was during the Vietnam war. But he wasn't sacked. Nor for his second fiasco. CBS kept him. After CBS lawyers told him NOT to report the faked Bush National Guard report because it was probably fake, he reported it any way. Creating news.

His defense? Sometimes a story is too important to be verified.

The real question: Why wasn't he fired the first time? the second time? Why wait? Why trust CBS?

• Members

I'm not sure I would say it was her lacking something as much as it may have been circumstances beyond her control.

Martha was nowhere. She didn't make herself available for many interviews, she tanked a debate, and the only thing more scarce than her signs was her supporters. Mostly a no-show. The TV ads she put out were mostly negative campaigning, even including the phrase "he supports the failed agenda of George Bush". Really? Trotting out the Bush thing?

• Moderators

Kill the whole thing, I imagine.

• Moderators

He was sacked for CREATING anti-Rep news when there was none there. Reporting the W Bush document was his THIRD creation. The first was during the Vietnam war. But he wasn't sacked. Nor for his second fiasco. CBS kept him. After CBS lawyers told him NOT to report the faked Bush National Guard report because it was probably fake, he reported it any way. Creating news.

His defense? Sometimes a story is too important to be verified.

The real question: Why wasn't he fired the first time? the second time? Why wait? Why trust CBS?

Wrong. He didn't create anything. He reported a story that was not verified.

• Members

Martha was nowhere. She didn't make herself available for many interviews, she tanked a debate, and the only thing more scarce than her signs was her supporters.

I read that, as the campaign was heating up, she took off on a Caribbean vacation for a week? :facepalm:

• Members

Wrong. He didn't create anything. He reported a story that was not verified.

Wrong. He was told it was most likely fake - do not report it. Reporting a non-story is much worse than simply not reporting it. He did it any way, probably to get back at Bush's comment about Rather walking out of the studio and leaving 100+ stations airing six or seven minutes of dead air during his temper tantrum.

EDIT: Let me try again. If I report that _____ and I are lovers, many people will hear that. Later, when I apologize for running that story, many poeple will NOT hear the retraction, still believing the original story is correct. Creation of news. (Ever notice in the newspapers that mistakes on the front page or corrected a day or two later on page 2 or 3 of the second section??? Many people never see/hear the retractions.

Of course, this is the same "neutral" news reporter who appeared onstage at a Democratic fundraiser in 2001, only to later claim that he did not know it was a political fundraiser.

• Moderators

Martha was nowhere. She didn't make herself available for many interviews, she tanked a debate, and the only thing more scarce than her signs was her supporters. Mostly a no-show. The TV ads she put out were mostly negative campaigning, even including the phrase "he supports the failed agenda of George Bush". Really? Trotting out the Bush thing?

I wouldn't suggest she ran a good campaign, but having the lead she did about a month ago and then losing couldn't have all been on her. It's comments such as these that lead me to believe that it's much more.

"
I voted for Obama
because I wanted change. ... I thought he'd bring it to us, but I just don't like the direction that he's heading," said John Triolo, 38, a registered independent who voted in Fitchburg.

He said his frustrations, including what he considered the too-quick pace of health care legislation, led him to vote for Brown.

• Moderators

Wrong. He was told it was most likely fake - do not report it. Reporting a non-story is much worse than simply not reporting it. He did it any way, probably to get back at Bush's comment about Rather walking out of the studio and leaving 100+ stations airing six or seven minutes of dead air during his temper tantrum.

EDIT: Let me try again. If I report that _____ and I are lovers, many people will hear that. Later, when I apologize for running that story, many poeple will NOT hear the retraction, still believing the original story is correct. Creation of news. (Ever notice in the newspapers that mistakes on the front page or corrected a day or two later on page 2 or 3 of the second section??? Many people never see/hear the retractions.

Of course, this is the same "neutral" news reporter who appeared onstage at a Democratic fundraiser in 2001, only to later claim that he did not know it was a political fundraiser.

Nevertheless, he did not create it, as alleged.

• Members

No they aren't. They've put plenty of ideas on the table.

just for pure curiositys sake. What are those ideas ? Dergululating companies so they can sell insurance across sate lines ? Well {censored}. they already do that when the underwriters sell those policys bundles to wall street hedges and insruance funds.

but please tell me the New Ideas they have.

Archived