Photo Radar

ec437

• Members

those redlight cams are popping up all over KC now. so much so, in fact, that the city has devoted one entire courtroom every day to people who want to attempt to fight their redlight tickets.

and one entire line at the cashiers booth for people paying those tickets :D:D

consequently, i've noticed a recent and very sharp drop in people blowing through redlights :thu:

• Members

Yep! Blow through a red light in NYC and you're {censored}ed. It's not like you can even argue it. They send the ticket, a picture of your license plate, and then pictures of your car obviously running the light from multiple angles.

I got letters from our lovely toll road ticket issuers for about a year and a half. and then collections phone calls.

That car is owned by you.

No, I cosigned a loan on it, have never even driven it.

You are responsible.

Show me in the Texas Penal code where I'm responsible for another driver's actions.

The car is owned by you according to our records.

Got a pic of me driving it?

um......

Exactly.

Give us the contact information of the driver.

Show me where I'm responsible to do that.

um.......

yeah, I thought so.

• Members

I got caught with one of these following a Semi, I couldn't see the light when it turned.

That was early on when they first started using the things.

Then the city shut them of, now there back on again.

Each little city around here has this kind of tug-of-war on the cameras, they'll turn 'em on, people don't like it and complain, they turn them off, and then turn them on again for the mone... um, er, I mean saftey reasons.

So you never know, if they are actually on.

• Members

One of the things I do love about our Governor:

Outlawed all traffic ticketing cameras in the entire state!!! We have the ones you can see online like webcams for traffic monitoring, but NONE that can be used for revenue generation or ticketing... :thu:

• Members

I guess that's proof that you can argue it! You're my hero
:love:

It's my son's truck. If it ever goes to court, he'll have to cop to it. I just don't have to give the collection agency his name. They probably just put it on my credit report and dropped it, haven't heard back from them in a few years.

• Members

It's my son's truck. If it ever goes to court, he'll have to cop to it. I just don't have to give the collection agency his name. They probably just put it on my credit report and dropped it, haven't heard back from them in a few years.

Whatever works mang! If you haven;t heard back from them I'm sure it's more than likely dropped...

• Members

All over the Chicago area.

There have been numerous articles and TV spots about how they are not doing anything much for intersection safety, yet are generating bucoo bucks for the gov't, and especially, the vendor.

So, it's a money-making scheme only?

Time the yellow portion of the cycle, chances are it's shorter than it was. There are more rear-enders in places that have red light cameras.

• Members

Yep! Blow through a red light in NYC and you're {censored}ed. It's not like you can even argue it. They send the ticket, a picture of your license plate, and then pictures of your car obviously running the light from multiple angles.

I honestly don't have a problem with that. It's a genuine safety issue.

Speed cameras OTOH... :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Members

the guy who operates the camera at the intersection by my work came in one day, i asked him jokingly, "if they can't see your face, can you get out of the ticket?"

He said, "they have to prove it was you driving. Cars can't get tickets. they mostly get thrown out if the person's visor is down and you can't make out their face."

I asked another cop to verify, and he was like, "yeah, not something we like to talk about. The law is poorly written with holes like swiss cheese."

At least in Oregon, that's what they said. Basically if you want to run a red light, sit up tall and flip down your visor. (or wear a Nixon mask.)

• Members

At least in Oregon, that's what they said. Basically if you want to run a red light, sit up tall and flip down your visor. (or wear a Nixon mask.)

So wearing a former presidents mask is good, but a monkey mask is bad. Got it.

What happens if you wear a GW Bush mask? :facepalm:

• Members

Btw: If you just ignore it, they still have to take you to court. If you never get served, you are not obligated in any way to pay it. At least in Phoenix, anyway :) They have to serve you with an actual summons. But, they tack the process server's fee onto your ticket, if they catch you.

I've sent back a couple where someone other than me was driving with my driver's license and wrote "DECLINE TO IDENTIFY" in the box for the person's name, and never heard anything further about it.

If it was my wife, can I claim spousal privilege? :p

• Members

the guy who operates the camera at the intersection by my work came in one day, i asked him jokingly, "if they can't see your face, can you get out of the ticket?"

He said, "they have to prove it was you driving. Cars can't get tickets. they mostly get thrown out if the person's visor is down and you can't make out their face."

I asked another cop to verify, and he was like, "yeah, not something we like to talk about. The law is poorly written with holes like swiss cheese."

In Australia it's as simple as 'the car is registered to you, you get the ticket.. Unless you give us the name of the person driving.. in the end It's registered to YOU'

• Members

In Australia it's as simple as 'the car is registered to you, you get the ticket.. Unless you give us the name of the person driving.. in the end It's registered to YOU'

Well, you people think Fosters is Austalian for beer, so your whole legal system is suspect. :rolleyes:

Archived