My new Fbass

RoboChrist

• Members

Good LORD that is sexx!!

Besides a Ritter, the F-Bass is next on my "boutique" bass list to try out.

Tom Hamilton has a kickass 5 string he recorded most of Aerosmith's 90's records with. And the Alain Caron sig is wow.

Jugghaid had a "zebra" 5'er a few years ago and that pic still gets me all moist!! :love::love:

• Members

So what are you into these days?
:)

Mainly more traditional stuff. Still madly in love with my Hamer Cruise Basses. Those are my two faves by a long shot.

Liking my 'Ray for a particular sound, but overall I don't think it suits me quite as well as the Hamers. I keep thinking I should sell it, but then I play it and it stays a bit longer ;). There is a certain sexiness in a Stingray that no other bass quite has. As I think you are aware.

I've been enjoying the old Peavey Foundation I got a little while back. Need to get a truss rod tool for it, but it really is a terrific bass.

As for basses I don't have (yet), I've really been digging the Squier VM P-bass and the new Schecter Diamond P. I actually have liked the Squier better than the MIA and MIM P-basses last few times I test drove.

• Members

If that Diamond P is the one with the humbucker in the bridge position, that bass rocked my world the other day. At $500 bucks, I damn near bought it right then & there.

Yup, it's pretty sweet! Reminds me of the Fender US Deluxe P I had a few years back, but with a narrower neck. GAS GAS GAS

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Here's a quick shot I took of it indim light conditions of a Canadian fall afternoon of my apartment. :rolleyes:

IMG_0738.jpg

It's hard to see but the finish is quite striking, a pearl root beer colour that changes to shades of maroon and purple, depending on the light conditions.

As far as the sound, it is several shades of holy {censored} this thing is awesome. :lol: Seriously, it's like a hammer from Valhalla. lovin' it!

• Members

"Frock", as he liked to be called then, makes a very nice bass. I still remember Alain Caron coming into the store where I worked with his new 6 string piccolo fretless, plugging into a Rockman, and going nuts for a 1/2 hour. Apparently George uses knotting needles as position markers.

• 2 months later...

Archived