Bassists needed for a brief survey

the LICKS

• Members
When I checked out the MENSA thang many moons ago, I was shocked at how many of them were bassist.

Perry, you might not remember my very old post, but one of the absolute worst teachers I ever hired was a MENSA member. Very intelligent guy - couldn't teach his way out of a paper bag. We actually canned him before the first year was up, and he had many years experience before coming to us. He spent much more time trying to figure out one kid while ignoring the other 20 or so. He could (and did) focus on one thing and one thing only, but at the expense of being aware of what else was going on in the classroom. High school kids ate him up. :facepalm: I was embarrassed for MENSA.

• Members
Perry, you might not remember my very old post, but one of the absolute worst teachers I ever hired was a MENSA member. Very intelligent guy - couldn't teach his way out of a paper bag. We actually canned him before the first year was up, and he had many years experience before coming to us. He spent much more time trying to figure out one kid while ignoring the other 20 or so. He could (and did) focus on one thing and one thing only, but at the expense of being aware of what else was going on in the classroom. High school kids ate him up.
:facepalm:
I was embarrassed for MENSA.

That was why I drifted away from the community. Eggheads are not my cuppa. We used to have a lot of folks like that in the Navy (all intelligence, no common sense). We called them nukes. We kept them really close to radiation to try to cure them of this, but I don't think it worked......:lol:

• Moderators

That was why I drifted away from the community. Eggheads are not my cuppa. We used to have a lot of folks like that in the Navy (all intelligence, no common sense). We called them nukes. We kept them really close to radiation to try to cure them of this, but I don't think it worked......
:lol:

As a navy nuc (retired), may I say, with absolutely no animosity, {censored} YOU!

Just sayin'...

• 1 month later...

Archived