Old Forumites thread

ThudMaker

• Members

My mom said no good can come from talking bad about someone. And I try not to. But I DON'T miss that G-something On Fire guy.
:mad:

On the other hand: Best wishes to
Tim in WV
and his people.

I miss fireball_73, he did great lists. Lists of bands, lists of songs...

G-ZeusOnFire or something like that? Heh, he liked to pick fights when discussing 7+ string basses, among other things.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Me too!

I've asked before, but I never got a real explanation. What happened?

Admin wanted to change the software because of the problems the forum used to have. They wanted to change it to Jive, which sucked hard. No one wanted it, a voiced it very strongly. But they still changed it.

Most of the regulars went to Musician central Which Lokidacat started, or ebassist.

They must have realised the {censored} up and changed the software to this (which I really like) But I guess most folks are happy in their new homes..

Well that's my take. I could be wrong.

Also some people really started to act like dicks at the end... guess that made a few leave too

• Moderators
Admin wanted to change the software because of the problems the forum used to have. They wanted to change it to Jive, which sucked hard. No one wanted it, a voiced it very strongly. But they still changed it.

Most of the regulars went to Musician central Which Lokidacat started, or ebassist.

They must have realised the {censored} up and changed the software to this (which I really like) But I guess most folks are happy in their new homes..

Well that's my take. I could be wrong.

Also some people really started to act like dicks at the end... guess that made a few leave too

Not bad. I think the problem arose when they said they weren't going to archive after a certain date. That brought out the craziness in a lot of normal people.

• Members

Edit: The reply with quote button didn't work...

The Selenabassgurl person...

isn't she the one that got mad and threw a shampoo bottle at her kid, hit her in the head, and posted about it and all hell broke loose?!?

Yeah that's her. I missed that hell breaking loose though. dammit :D

• Members

misfitpixie, I believe is who you're thinking of.

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i miss mee, too.

I was here... oh.... 9 years ago? You guys were always nice to me. very amusing. I recognize a lot of all the names posted. My dad tells me I don't remember a lot of things because i was attached to the computer...

It was more interesting then real life at the time.

I'm also thinking about putting glitter all over my bass amp; thoughts? ;)

• Members

I was here... oh.... 9 years ago? You guys were always nice to me. very amusing. I recognize a lot of all the names posted. My dad tells me I don't remember a lot of things because i was attached to the computer...

I'm also thinking about putting glitter all over my bass amp; thoughts?
;)

Actually, that sounds pretty damn cool. Oh, and you need to come visit more often. :) ...and your avatar rocks!

• Members

;)

Glitter will make a woman's bass amp louder. Men play red basses to get the same effect.

• Moderators

;)

Ooh, sparkly!

• Members

I'll start. I miss Smokin'Fiddler / Catphish duels in all the evolution threads. Of course Rob Martinez vs King Kashue in the religious history threads was pretty fun, too. Good stuff.

Yeah, and King Kashue was a storehouse of useless information much like my wife accuses me of being, but much more so. LOL

Archived