I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Hearafter

View Post

Just today? poke.gif

I just cracked my first cold one... probably gonna drunk-post later.

I am sooooo disappointed in your silence. mad.gif

But, I hereby award you your new Native American name, Falls Asleep After One-Beer! thumb.gif

That's Chief One Beer, for short. biggrin.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

I am sooooo disappointed in your silence. mad.gif

But, I hereby award you your new Native American name, Falls Asleep After One-Beer! thumb.gif

That's Chief One Beer, for short. biggrin.gif

My wife said it's okay, and it happens to a lot of guys frown.gif

Reminds me of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, when they meet Jason Biggs, and Jay says "Hey, you're that guy that {censored}ed the pie". And Biggs says "You see! It's never "Hey! You're that guy from Loser" or "Hey you rocked in Boys and Girls." No, it always comes back to that {censored}ing pie! I'm HAUNTED by it!"

I'll always be haunted by that one beer sleep cry.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfir

View Post

...old fart geek snob... mad.gif

I had e-mail in '89. Take that. mad.gif

Hey, I had email in '89, too! Okay, so it was only for that given BBS, but still! mad.gif

Didn't really get internet access until... '93? Even then, it was good old text-based. I still remember the fun of newsgroups and whatnot back then... and using a shell on a Linux box (or BSD or whatever) to do this stuff thumb.gif

• Members
My wife said it's okay, and it happens to a lot of guys
:(

Reminds me of Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, when they meet Jason Biggs, and Jay says "Hey, you're that guy that {censored}ed the pie". And Biggs says "You see! It's never "Hey! You're that guy from Loser" or "Hey you rocked in Boys and Girls." No, it always comes back to that {censored}ing pie! I'm HAUNTED by it!"

I'll always be haunted by that one beer sleep
:cry:

It's all right. Full disclosure requires me to inform you that my name is Chief Two Beer. :facepalm:

I've never seen the movie with the pie. Which movie is that again?

• Members
Hey, I had email in '89, too! Okay, so it was only for that given BBS, but still!
:mad:

Didn't really get internet access until... '93? Even then, it was good old text-based. I still remember the fun of newsgroups and whatnot back then... and using a shell on a Linux box (or BSD or whatever) to do this stuff
:thu:

oooooo...all the time I spent on newsgroups... :facepalm:

• Members
Just picked up a growler of
Big E
Scotch Ale. Mmm mmm mmm.

Bastage. :D

I'm stopping at The Fanno Creek Brewpub for a growler of Baltic Porter after work tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting. I'm teaching two sections of honors British Lit next semester at my residential youth corrections facility. I'm taking over a class room that has been unoccupied since summer, after the high school went through asbestos abatement. Room 5 has become a warehouse for all the flotsam, jetsam, stuff etc that other teachers didn't want in their class rooms.

I'll spend the day rebuilding a functional class room---identifying what I can use, hauling everything else out to a staging area for storage/disposal, setting up my computer, and basically un-f*cking the place.

This is gonna be fun. :D