I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members
Originally posted by niomosy

Hmmm, I'll probably go see it next weekend. Probably end up seeing The Interpreter this weekend since the wife wants to see it. That or Crash. I can wait on Star Wars III.
I wanted to see Crash, but I read a review that said it was a lesser version of Short Cuts (great movie), so I think I'll wait for DVD. I almost never go to the theatres anymore. It's too expensive, and the movies are out on DVD within four or five months anyhow. I'm seeing Star Wars because it's an event movie for me, but otherwise I usually don't waste my time or money on that.

• Members
Originally posted by Bonoman

I wanted to see Crash, but I read a review that said it was a lesser version of Short Cuts (great movie), so I think I'll wait for DVD. I almost never go to the theatres anymore. It's too expensive, and the movies are out on DVD within four or five months anyhow. I'm seeing Star Wars because it's an event movie for me, but otherwise I usually don't waste my time or money on that.
Short Cuts? I never saw that. Huh, I'll have to look into that.

My wife and I hit a pretty decent number of matinee's but hardly ever do for full price. We like getting out of the house for a bit and movies give us a good excuse to do so. Plus, if we rent something she'll usually just end up getting comfy on the couch and falling asleep halfway through the movie.

• Members

Short Cuts? I never saw that. Huh, I'll have to look into that.

My wife and I hit a pretty decent number of matinee's but hardly ever do for full price. We like getting out of the house for a bit and movies give us a good excuse to do so. Plus, if we rent something she'll usually just end up getting comfy on the couch and falling asleep halfway through the movie.
Short Cuts is great. It's a Robert Altman movie, and the cast is just insane: Tim Robbins, Tom Waits, Lyle Lovett, Julianne Moore, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Robert Downey Jr., Lily Tomlin... Just a great movie of intersecting stories set in LA. Definitely worth renting.

• Members

Yup, he did say "Pinot Noir". Just checked the movie. I'm thinking it's a script/actor mistake. I'll have to look into the wine they were mentioning and see what info there is on it.
So I checked out the wine they were talking about. Some Googling turned up that the wine in the movie is a 1992 Byron Santa Maria Valley Brut Reserve. Sparkling White Wine.

I managed to dig this up about the wine:

1992 BYRON SANTA MARIA VALLEY BRUT RESERVE: A limited-release California sparkler, made of 100 percent pinot noir grapes, that Miles (Paul Giamatti) and Jack (Thomas Haden Church) pop open in the car as they start their road trip. Byron "Ken" Brown is a wine producer in the Santa Maria Valley, about 300 miles south of Napa Valley.

• Members
Originally posted by Sixgun77
Why does Tom Waits being in a movie amuse me so much? Perhaps because it brings to mind a certain singer in an old movie called Freejack? wink.gif
Tom Waits has been in many movies, and he can actually act, whereas Mick just looked like a fish(lips) out of water in Freejack. Tom Waits had my favourite role in Dracula, and one of the most memorable lines from any movie of the 1990's:

"I'm not an insane man, I'm a sane man fighting for his soul!"

His delivery just gave me chills.

• Members

Just got off the phone at work. I ordered a ton of silicon carbide sandpaper and some router bits. I'm stocking up for the inlay/refinishing-fest I'm going to have with my brother's guitar next week. All this in preparation for building a '51 Warmoth P this summer.

• Members
Just got off the phone at work. I ordered a ton of silicon carbide sandpaper and some router bits. I'm stocking up for the inlay/refinishing-fest I'm going to have with my brother's guitar next week. All this in preparation for building a '51 Warmoth P this summer.
Sweet. icon14.gif I want to build a walnut P-bass one day. I think it would be pretty darn cool to build your own bass.

• Members
Originally posted by mxpxfan

Sweet. icon14.gif I want to build a walnut P-bass one day. I think it would be pretty darn cool to build your own bass.
Inlay work is getting to be a lot of fun. I'll post some before, during, and after pics. All the inlay work my brother is having me do(it's a 70-something Tele Custom Reissue) is along a pirate/nautical theme. He's going to do some airbrush work before we clearcoat.

• Members

Inlay work is getting to be a lot of fun. I'll post some before, during, and after pics. All the inlay work my brother is having me do(it's a 70-something Tele Custom Reissue) is along a pirate/nautical theme. He's going to do some airbrush work before we clearcoat.
Sounds like a blast of fun.

• Members
Originally posted by mxpxfan
yup it's a pretty day today.smile.gif
But we have roofers on the house making a racket.mad.gif
hell i hate that...we had a guy on our roof for three days brushing off 40 years of moss and doing some spraying to kill the moss roots
then he fitted a copper ridge piece drilling into the existing ridge cap...the noise went through my head...
glad when he was finished
been out all day hope you guys didnt miss me....NOT!!!!..biggrin.gif
good to be back home now easing myself into the evening meal with some triple vodka's and coke

finnish at that...cool.gif

• Members
Originally posted by mrcrow

hell i hate that...we had a guy on our roof for three days brushing off 40 years of moss and doing some spraying to kill the moss roots
then he fitted a copper ridge piece drilling into the existing ridge cap...the noise went through my head...
glad when he was finished
been out all day hope you guys didnt miss me....NOT!!!!..biggrin.gif
good to be back home now easing myself into the evening meal with some triple vodka's and coke

finnish at that...cool.gif
yeah they can really make a racket.eek.gif I think they're taking a lunch break now. So we have soonm peace ad quiet for now.

Edit: What did you have for your evening meal?

• Members
Originally posted by Bonoman
Mama's Pizza has to be the greasiest goodness on Earth!
I dunno, Numero Uno's got some tasty pizza. Not to mention California Pizza Kitchen cool.gif

The wifey and I are heading to Chicago on the 29th so we'll be able to have some Chicago pizza goodness biggrin.gif

• Members

I dunno, Numero Uno's got some tasty pizza. Not to mention California Pizza Kitchen cool.gif

The wifey and I are heading to Chicago on the 29th so we'll be able to have some Chicago pizza goodness biggrin.gif

hhhmmmm pizza

Pizza is goodbiggrin.gif

• Members

Had Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles on Saturday night followed up with some junky food at the California Strawberry Festival on Sunday. I need to pound out some good workouts this week to compensate. It's been salads for me (though I did have a chicken sandwich and fries today)

Oddly, fries aren't as bad as I thought they'd be. I can burn them off with room to spare.

• Members

You know where our terminology problem probably lies?

The *grape* is probably a pinot noir. The noir part probably does NOT refer to the final wine output.

So "white pinot noir" would technically be correct.

But I'm speculating, so research away, Captain Niomo! biggrin.gif

In other news, however much Oprah can be annoying, you have to respect these things about her:

1. Business whiz who built a viable empire. What other talk show hosts have done that? Rosie tried, but...

2. Lasted longer than any other talk show host flavor of the year.

3. Most importantly, she's gotten millions of people who would otherwise be total couch potatoes, to READ. Regularly.

And for that last one, Oprah gets an A in my book. cool.gif