I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members
Originally posted by Bonoman

I'm working. I need to do something to pass the time when the forum's slow, right? Where you been anyhow?
At e-bassist, when not busy, which is frequent, or booted off the computer by the spousal unit. frown.gif

As for U2, I still strongly recommend the new album, and the last one as well. Musically they may not be as inventive as they were in the 90's, but the songwriting and melodies are just incredible.
I thought they were much stronger in the 80s. From about 90 to...I'm not sure when, but I couldn't stand what I was hearing on the radio. "Beautiful Day" made me start thinking they were tolerable again, though. smile.gif

And I hate wasabi. Red liked sushi, though.
Wasabi ain't that bad. So was it the sushi, or your salmon swimming upstream? biggrin.gif

• Members
Originally posted by Zamfir

frown.gif

That bad?

*re-evaluates adding comment about willing to serve her some swordfish, or better yet, tigershark*
Yup. Long story, but I'm completely unenamoured with her at this point. She's a gold-digger and I don't have that much gold to dig. Okay, she's not a gold-digger, but she really has issues when it comes to balancing her bank account and understanding that once you've spent money it's not going to come back to you just because you're a nice person. She just had to borrow a ton of money for me to pay for her tuition, and it just happens to be the exact amount she spent when we were just in Florida, so I'm annoyed with that. And I'm annoyed at her clinginess. And I'm annoyed with the fact that I never ever have alone-time any more.

Shall I go on? Because I can.

• Members

Eek. You need to be building your own financial security, IMO, and if she's not willing to build it up rather than sponge, sayonara.

But then, I'm a brutally direct bastard when it comes to these things, and probably not the best person to advise on delivering that message. frown.gif

• Members
Originally posted by Zamfir
Eek. You need to be building your own financial security, IMO, and if she's not willing to build it up rather than sponge, sayonara.

But then, I'm a brutally direct bastard when it comes to these things, and probably not the best person to advise on delivering that message. frown.gif
No, that's pretty much my thought process to a "T", so no worries. The only problem is that she's got no money and no place else to go. She's got one semester left, and since I paid for it I want to make sure she finishes, and after that her ass is grass. It's just going to be a shitty couple of months, but I wouldn't feel like a good human being if I kicked her out before she was ready.

• Members

Hm. I can be sappy that way, too. But it speaks well of you. smile.gif

Still. Once she's done (I gotta cut degree seekers some slack, don'tcha know wink.gif ), time to hit the job market. If no evidence of even looking seriously...then...

Ironically enough, today I just turned in an application to join the pool/database of temp labor at my old uni. Pretty sad ("I have a Ph.D., but please don't think that will impede me from filing your departmental mail and answering your telephones..."), but I gotta pay bills until something more permanent comes along. frown.gif

Fortunately, my former adviser is supposed to be back today (er, yesterday) after several months overseas, so I can get him to fix three grades he didn't file correctly that I noticed on my transcript at the beginning of this year while filling out other applications. mad.gif

• Members
Originally posted by mxpxfan
But yeah, HCBF is a big time suck.
Must be Lug's influence on the forum. He sucks so much that each time we are on the forum, it sucks some of our brain cells, and we become stupider and stupider so soon all we can do is sit and chat about absolutely nothing.

• Members
Originally posted by musicjunky

Must be Lug's influence on the forum. He sucks so much that each time we are on the forum, it sucks some of our brain cells, and we become stupider and stupider so soon all we can do is sit and chat about absolutely nothing.
eek.gif You know what? You might just be right.