I am the Thread Killer

T-40

• Members
Originally posted by Bonoman

Reviews suck, but I'm sure you'll do fine.
I had the review pegged pretty well. Got a 3 (1-5... I think 1's great and 5's time to pack your bags). No surprises.

Although I did find out that I may end up being the fearless leader of the Windows guys, figuring out the world of Windows and training them on Unix (just think "COMPUTERS" wink.gif ). My boss seems to have a hard-on for me being a leader type.

• Members
Originally posted by niomosy

Although I did find out that I may end up being the fearless leader of the Windows guys, figuring out the world of Windows and training them on Unix (just think "COMPUTERS" wink.gif ). My boss seems to have a hard-on for me being a leader type.
Sounds like a pain in the ass. I hate Linux, I just didn't like the feel of it, but that could just be because I broke my teeth on Windows 95.

• Members
Originally posted by el_duderino676

Sounds like a pain in the ass. I hate Linux, I just didn't like the feel of it, but that could just be because I broke my teeth on Windows 95.
11 years or Unix experience for me (mostly as a sys-admin). I'm pretty comfortable with it wink.gif

I was doing Windows NT support waaaay back but that was primarily 3.51 and early 4.0 days. Haven't had to do any real system support on NT in ages so supporting 2000 and 2003 should be interesting.

It's not all that hard... click next, click next, click next, click finish. Problem? Reboot. If that doesn't work, install a patch and reboot tongue.gif Or so we used to joke about it wink.gif

• Members
banghead.gif

I seem to be doing a fair amount of this at work today.

My boss is asking for reply dates for my email replies on a support call I logged with one of our vendors rolleyes.gif

C'mon, it was a low priority item. The problem was solved, we just had a question on why some software behaved different than expected (yet in a bunch of other situations it behaved perfectly) rolleyes.gif

If I can just hold out long enough for a position in the storage team to open up mad.gif

• Members
Originally posted by niomosy
banghead.gif

I seem to be doing a fair amount of this at work today.

My boss is asking for reply dates for my email replies on a support call I logged with one of our vendors rolleyes.gif

C'mon, it was a low priority item. The problem was solved, we just had a question on why some software behaved different than expected (yet in a bunch of other situations it behaved perfectly) rolleyes.gif

If I can just hold out long enough for a position in the storage team to open up mad.gif
Sounds better than my day. I don't have anybody jumping down my back at the moment, but man am I BORED!!!

• Members
Originally posted by Bonoman

Sounds better than my day. I don't have anybody jumping down my back at the moment, but man am I BORED!!!
Yeah, it could be worse. I've been able to stay pretty low on the radar most of the time. If I can keep punctual on tasks I should keep the inquiries down pretty low wink.gif