Apparently, our summer gigs went better than we thought!!

• Members

After sports management heard us do the National Anthym at the Rochester Red Wings game, the Rochester Raging Rhino's (pro soccer) management got ahold of us to do it for a Rhino's game in early September! Add to that, when Circle of Friends did the Annual Conference gig in June, we were contacted again to do the annual leity awards banquet in October... Other calls coming in as well, according to our music director... :D Boggs

• Members

Congratulations Boggs! Funny how a couple of gigs in the right places can spark a lot of interest.

Keep up the good work.

BTW, welcome back to the forum. I haven't seen you here in a while. I posted a clip a while back of my cover of Paul Simon's American Tune. If you have any tips on recording acoustic guitar (home studio) I'd like to hear them.

• Members

Originally posted by RupertB

Congratulations Boggs! Funny how a couple of gigs in the right places can spark a lot of interest.

Keep up the good work.

BTW, welcome back to the forum. I haven't seen you here in a while. I posted a clip a while back of my cover of Paul Simon's
If you have any tips on recording acoustic guitar (home studio) I'd like to hear them.

Not hijacking but Rupert that is a great cover! Your singing is great and I think the acoustic sound is pretty darn good as well.

• Members

Originally posted by Sordid1

Not hijacking but Rupert that is a great cover! Your singing is great and I think the acoustic sound is pretty darn good as well.

Thanks man. Its one of my favorites to play. After hearing Greg's songs I thought he might like this one. The recorded acoustic sound he gets is terrific: a Carvin Cobalt if I remember correctly.

• Members

VERY nice performance, Rupert! Please tell me how you were set up for the recording... How many mics and locations, etc. Everything is extremely detailed and airy which is really nice. I might have used a touch less reverb, at least through my headphones... I'll have to listen to this on speakers. That may make the difference. You were right. I love the arrangement, your performance, et al!

I also do appreciate your kind words! Yes, my guitar is a Carvin Cobalt C980 for most of my acoustic recording. It seems to be a pretty forgiving guitar for different recording techniques. I usually combine the onboard pickup and mic, which is what they did at the studio for our CDs. I don't know how much of each they used for the final track, but I suspect they mostly used the mic. Boggs

• Members

Originally posted by Greg Bogoshian

VERY nice performance, Rupert! Please tell me how you were set up for the recording... How many mics and locations, etc. Everything is extremely detailed and airy which is really nice. I might have used a touch less reverb, at least through my headphones... I'll have to listen to this on speakers. That may make the difference. You were right. I love the arrangement, your performance, et al!

I also do appreciate your kind words! Yes, my guitar is a Carvin Cobalt C980 for most of my acoustic recording. It seems to be a pretty forgiving guitar for different recording techniques. I usually combine the onboard pickup and mic, which is what they did at the studio for our CDs. I don't know how much of each they used for the final track, but I suspect they mostly used the mic. Boggs

Thank you Greg. I'm very new to recording so I kept it simple. This was recorded on my PC using N-Track Studio and an Audio Buddy preamp. I used one SM57 pointed directly above the guitar's upper bout, about 20 inches away to pick up both guitar and vocal. The reverb and a bit of delay were added once the track had been recorded, so pulling that back a bit is pretty easy. The guitar is an Alvarez Silver Anniversary.

Thanks for listening.

• Members

Originally posted by Greg Bogoshian

After sports management heard us do the National Anthym at the Rochester Red Wings game, the Rochester Raging Rhino's (pro soccer) management got ahold of us to do it for a Rhino's game in early September! Add to that, when Circle of Friends did the Annual Conference gig in June, we were contacted again to do the annual leity awards banquet in October... Other calls coming in as well, according to our music director...
:D
Boggs

Greg who do you play with. Your the 4th Rochester person on here I have met.

• Members

Actually, I sing tenor with our church choir and play various guitars or sing or percussion or very occasionally bass with our contemporary group Circle of Friends through Covenant United Methodist Church at Culver and Parselles. We do have 2 CDs out (well, one EP and one CD). Our CDs have received airplay on WBBF (now WFKL) and North Coast Radio. What about you, Outkaster? Boggs

Archived