"Let's Get It On" -- female lead vocal??

• Members

WOW!! After listening to that I would have to say that it can
DEFINITLY
be done!!

Musicalschitzo:

"She's good, but it's just completely the wrong vibe for that song for me."

I just couldn't disagree more!! I thought it was sexy as hell!!
:love:

The most important words in my statement you quoted: "...for me"

I'm happy you liked it! Just wasn't my bag, baby...

Brian V.

• Members

We have done an acoustic medley of Let's Get it On/Sexual Healing/Stay (just a little bit longer) and it went over really well

Sounds like whoever she was singing to wasn't finishing the job.

So to speak.

• Members

lets get it on is what a man says.....women say they wanna f*** or make love....so i think if a women was to sing it it would have to be sexy

No, the actual definition of "making love" is what your wife is doing while you're f***ing her.

• Members

lets get it on is what a man says.....women say they wanna f*** or make love....so i think if a women was to sing it it would have to be sexy

Yeah, this was my reason for the initial post. The phrase "Let's Get It On" has a very 70s, male, big-medalion-around-the-chest connotation to it. The song itself is so great and iconic that I think it overshadows any cheeziness the phrase has when performed by a male. It doesn't cross over into parody the way it does when you hear a band do a Barry White song from the same era, for example. But I guess I was worried that to have a female sing it would bring the cheeziness of the phrase to the forefront. I want the song to sound great and sexy in the hands of our female singer. I don't want it to come off as some sort of parody.

• Members

Wow. Have you ever considered working for Hallmark? :poke:

My wife hates Hallmark. When we were first dating I bought her a Hallmark card for some occasion or another. She was greatly disappointed that I couldn't think of something to say on my own and would buy her a card with a pre-printed sentiment.

I realized then that this was a woman who was going to make me a better person than I was previously.

Archived