The "Post a Video of Your Cover Band" Thread.

joshmac

• Members

Great vocal work in the upper register songs! I skimmed this but are keys a backing track? Heard keys but saw no keyboard player.

No keyboard player. The band started with one but he left a few years ago. I think we're down to 4-5 songs with tracks? Works great.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From Saturday night... we play this maybe 8-10 times a year. It's never on the setlist we just quarterback it as an encore. But after playing 'fluff' tunes all night for the ladies, it's nice every once in a while to play one for the guys in the audience.

Killing In The Name-RATM

• Members

Nice Purple Rain cover. MANY years ago (1984) I designed, wired, installed and trained Prince on the 24 track system that he used for writing and recording much of the material that was used to record the material for the album and movie. The install was in his practice warehouse on Hwy 7 in St. Louis Park, MN. The 24 track machine was an Otari MTR-90, the console a large Soundcraft console designed for recording (wish I could recall model number, Model 2400 I believe). He used JBL 4430 monitors (I recall that because that's what I have at home) and about 300 points in his patchbay (3 96 points). By the way, he took VERY little training, being very smart in the type of gear I used.

• Members

The band Voodoo in Vero Beach, Fl. I recorded this and played nothing on it. It was a spot video. Nothing was planned and it was the only video of the night. Excuse the darkness. but it was shot outside. More of their material and other bands I've recorded (no video) can be found here: http://www.richardkingmedia.com/ Go to page 2 for music posts if interested in LIVE location recordings.

• Members

Terrific live recording... I assume you tracked it. It lifts the video up a notch. Great mix and great band too.

BTW I'm listening to the song and I get this wave of deja vu over me... I've heard that song, the melody before and I can't place it. Then I remember. My dad is a C&W fan... especially 70's/80's. He's played this song before but I never really listened to the lyrics. This has to be the best depressing song I've heard in my life. ;)

• Members
Terrific live recording... I assume you tracked it. It lifts the video up a notch. Great mix and great band too.

BTW I'm listening to the song and I get this wave of deja vu over me... I've heard that song, the melody before and I can't place it. Then I remember. My dad is a C&W fan... especially 70's/80's. He's played this song before but I never really listened to the lyrics. This has to be the best depressing song I've heard in my life.
;)

Thank you VERY much for the complement. The song was recorded with 15-16 tracks, and the audio used in the video was the stereo mix of those 15-16 tracks. I recorded the whole evening for the band and four more songs from that night and several other band from other nights can be found at my website (go to page 2). The website is at the bottom of each of my posts. Voodoo would be one of my two favorite bands from the area here, and it is rare songs that the bass player sings lead on, this being one of them. The song is called "An Empty Glass" and was written and performed by local artist Gary Stewart, who had a VERY sad story about his life, which ended in suicide. Gary's wife died of pneumonia on Nov. 23, 2003. Gary didn't want to take that loss from his life and committed suicide on December 16, 2003. Add to post, Gary was a very good friend of the lead guitar player in Voodoo (who used to tour with Gary). He still has a bit of an effort to talk about him.

• Members

The band Voodoo in Vero Beach, Fl...(snip of Empty Glass video)

Nice rendition - guitar playing was especially tasty. A band I played in about 5 years ago sprung that one me at a show. I had never heard the song before in my life and learned it as we played it (on bass). The most satisfying part for me was going back and listening to the song and finding my impulse about what to play was exactly right.

Brian V.

• Members

The band opened up a new performing arts theater in my hometown On the site of the my old high school. A crazy amount of money was spent on it....

here's our opening number.

I had the whole hour long show shot with 6 cameras so I will be re-doing our promo vid soon.

• Members

Great thread and great stuff here!:thu:

This is from my first ever (hired gun) gig with this band (I'm the keys player):

YA7lgFVqJlo

Here's another one- not our usual material but I thought my podna sang his butt off on the Marvin Gaye (and I also thought "no more ball caps for ME")

13nBRYM_hrk

Re-edited to add 2nd video

Archived