Dance Songs for the Ladies: What are your best ones?

• Members

LOL... the video he posted was an Icehouse tune... which I didn't even know existed. They and Split Endz were certainly way more obscure than Men At Work were.

FYI-

Split Enz were not an Aussie band; they're Kiwis.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I was hoping this thread wouldn't die. "Best dance songs for the ladies" seems like it would be "the bread and butter".

Our classic rock band is transitioning to a more dance-party-rock band and I would love to hear more input from everyone.

I know the topic is probably a beat horse around here, but I am always looking out for another "gem" to add to the arsenal.

• Members

In the country genre Country Girl Shake it for Me gets tons of ladies up shaking it and it's not an uptempo song either.

Yeah, tempo-wise it isn't but it is still a very upbeat song!

That one's on the Bourbon Country setlist and I hope it gigs well!

• Members

Yeah, tempo-wise it isn't but it is still a very upbeat song!

That one's on the Bourbon Country setlist and I hope it gigs well!

Oh it will, trust me. Make sure you get a bunch of ladies on stage too. We had 30+ on stage one night, was a bit crazy and the lead singer kept eating the mic from the ladies grinding on him, hah.

• Members

Oh it will, trust me. Make sure you get a bunch of ladies on stage too. We had 30+ on stage one night, was a bit crazy and the lead singer kept eating the mic from the ladies grinding on him, hah.

It's got those crazy walkups 2 in the song, and the one at the end where the bass goes down and the guitar goes up.

I got all the fills and walks worked up on bass but I'm kinda waiting on our guitarist to catch up. Not his fault: lead player didn't show up so he had to cover those parts kind of on the fly.

That last walkup is kind of a trip, how it ends on a D# instead of the E like you might expect. Had a tough time showing that to Billy; he kept wanting to do the "obvious" thing with that lick!

• Members

Definitely California Gurls. The three of us split the snoop dog rap, but me being the quiet one, I have to yell "all that *** hanging out". Gets the crowd going, but all the musicians/real men in the crowd all shake their heads in disapproval.

Archived