Classic rock demo by one of your favorite cheesy dance bands

• Members

Will you hate me if I say this... I think you handled that song better than some of the top 40 material you've posted in the past. That's not a jab. Take it as a compliment. This sounds terrific and you guys nail the material. Great guitar work and your singer is totally channeling Tommy Shaw. I know this is tracked with the benefits of studio production but if you whipped this out at a local show I wonder what type of reaction you'd get. There's an Arena Rock band that's local to me and nail 'Limelight', Tom Sawyer', Come Sail Away', Bohemian Rhapsody... and they still draw good crowds.

• Members

Will you hate me if I say this... I think you handled that song better than some of the top 40 material you've posted in the past. That's not a jab. Take it as a compliment. This sounds terrific and you guys nail the material. Great guitar work and your singer is totally channeling Tommy Shaw. I know this is tracked with the benefits of studio production but if you whipped this out at a local show I wonder what type of reaction you'd get. There's an Arena Rock band that's local to me and nail 'Limelight', Tom Sawyer', Come Sail Away', Bohemian Rhapsody... and they still draw good crowds.

We pull this song out from time to time and always get a good reaction with it. Great sing-along tune and good rock stomper that everyone knows. I suspect it would be a classic-rock band standard except for the fact that not too many bands can pull off the vocals.

• Members

Thanks so much for the feedback everyone.

No hate at all Grant!! I actually completely agree. This type of thing is home for us, but around here, you're gonna top off pretty quickly if all you do is classic rock. We actually do pull this type of stuff out at the end of the night (Barracuda, Ziggy Stardust, The Seeker, Just What I Needed, Jealous Again, Highway To Hell, etc.) after we get through all the obligatory dance stuff. But for me it's a toss up between rawking out with devil horns vs playing dance tunes with tits bouncing in my face. It's nice to be able to do both! :thu:

• Members

Loved it. May I ask what local contest?

Are you around Philly? It's the WMGK House Band competition. They sponsor a band for a year and trot them out at events and such, buy them some gear, 2 days of recording, etc. Pretty fun deal.

Turns out we made it into the competition, but sadly I am across the country on the day of the first round! May have already found a sub though...

• Members

Yep, from Philly. We had enterer the contest in the past but never had a really good demo. We sent in some live recordings. Nothing near the caliber of what you sent. I heard your recording and thought, thats what it takes. Sucks that you cant make the first round.

• Members

The intro vocals sound killer but to me it sounds like something is out of key/tune as soon as the guitars kick in. Maybe it's just me? But it sounds great as a whole anyways.

Thanks. Yeah, I hear that too but am not sure what it is. We started out with a reference tone and the guitars were perfectly in tune. If you play along with it it's right on. Some kind of illusion...

Archived