Guido61....

• Moderators
O.k, David, you and I have had many vigorous debates around here, and I have enjoyed them all. And having been guilty of some stupid posts and lack of perspective in said debates, I thought that would give me some room to offer an observation or 2. Cuz U know I haz respect.

Your post here is a perfect example of how you ruffle feathers. You expressed this posts ago. Why try to re correlate? It feels argumentative.

See, it is almost ALWAYS about you making YOUR point in correction or clarification of another's idea. It's like you don't really hear what the other person is saying sometimes...like you are not listening....like "Look, this is the correct way to think about this" and you re clarify a point. Someone disagrees with that idea and you RE CLARIFY by arguing details and context. That makes it seem like you didn't hear the other person's point.

Ever been in a high powered meeting? I bet you have. Ever had to make your point, albeit correct and useful, and have it overturned? How do you respond? Certainly not like you do here cuz it would go on forever and you'd make enemies.

And I realize this is not a high powered boardroom...thank gawt...but you see the point? And there are many arguable points in my post here....but do you hear what it is saying? Can you simply understand that said point works to sometimes folks get tore up cuz it just seems like you don't listen and just argue?

And I don't think that the arguing is necessarily bad. It makes some headway into some deeper subjects. You've never made me mad. Maybe a little nauseous.
:p;)
But there have been a few folks who get/got pretty pissed off at you. Some have gone and won't come back or at the very least, not respond to anything you post. I ain't worried about them tho'. If they can't handle it, sorry. It's just the internetz. But your tendency to not let go can also make folks think you aren't really listening to them.

And of course I'm sure you have felt like people aren't listening to you, right?

So I'm just pointing it out cuz it is relevant to creating good discussions around here, and folks have been getting mad at you lately.

I'd love a very long clarification from David. I think that would clear things up. :)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd love a very long clarification from David. I think that would clear things up.
:)

:thu:

please make it another thread so we can have four more pages of drivel. I love wasting good internet space that could otherwise be used to talk about music stands.

• Members

my first wife with the psychology degree did that constantly, almost like living with someone holding a clipboard and taking notes,
constantly asking more probing questions, breaking it down more and more trying to understand and communicate. I don't miss her.

Then your right at home here...running to social media, where you don't have any transparency or accountability.

Archived