What would or wouldn't you do for money?

• Members

"But I'd prefer it stay on topic if at all possible.

Dave, you are a master of debate, (I won't stoop to calling you a "master debater!") but one of the things you seem to always do is broaden the subject in order to be right about something. It's why I said what I said- talking about making money isn't what creates controversy. Several forumites here agreed with that comment, and true to form, you not only disagree but set about trying to show us why we're wrong. Once again, 5 guys are wrong and Dave is right. I see it as a major weakness of yours that you seem incapable of acknowledging. I would urge you to go back and look at all the ten plus page discussions here and see how many posts you have in each one.

There is no sin or shame in being wrong, or in someone else disagreeing with you and being just as right as you are. As to keeping with the original topic, the one YOU STARTED was "what would you do or not do for money", not "How a band can make more money". They are two completely different things. If you want to "keep it on topic," maybe you need to go back and look at what the original topic was. I expect you'll disagree with me and there will be 3 more pages about how you are misunderstood and not wrong at all, unless of course we see 8 more chinchillas.

Peace out

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't bother. Apparently it's become nearly impossible for topics I discuss to not somehow become ABOUT me. So I'll be the one to take a break from the forum.

Take a look at my join date....take a look at my post count. I've been here quiiite a while, and have read many, many, MANY posts. I obviously haven't had a lot to say, but......*WHEW*!

Chinchilla away! LOL.

• Moderators

Hey guys, saw this in another thread, and thought it was particularly relevant, the guy has an interesting story, and I think it fits with the discussion here perfectly...

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2941125-Tales-from-the-Industry-Eric-Arceneaux-s-parody-of-the-music-industry

Wow, I could subtract a few chinchillas for that. That was really interesting...

• Members

Interesting, though, the same thing happened to amoocal band here in the 90s called Black Happy. They were a 8 piece ska band who sold 7,000 CDs in a year and sold over 50k total. They sold out shows in their hometown here in Coeur d Alene, as well as Portland, Seattle, pretty much everywhere they went. And then Capricorn records came calling. They signed, and then the producers said, "well, the whole ska thing isn't the future; you'll need to dump the horns to both trim down your travel expenses and modernize your sound." So they did, as well as let go one of their percussionist/drummers. They went from 8 pieces to four. Next came the material selection, and then it was "well, you aren't really Black Happy anymore, so you need to create a new identity". And thus Shoveljerk was born, made a single album, and fizzled. The record execs actually told the band "you guys just aren't the same band we thought we were signing. "

Well, gee, Mr. Producer, ya think?

• Members

I saw that {censored} in the 'Ville all the time in the 90's. People that just got their ass handed to them with pressure from the labels.

And that goes to the discussion. Is he an idiot? Does he not care about his audience? Why isn't he doing what it takes to make people like him?

Booty Bounce is a song people will like, right?

Archived