Your groupies stories. Here.

brikus

• Members

My groupie stories are all the same...

I'm playing...the band takes a break...a really hot looking lady schmoozes up to me...a little drunk, giggling, making sure she kinda rubs up against me...looks right into my eyes and says...

"Could you introduce me to the bass player?"

:freak::rolleyes:

• Members
Hi
:)

Lets hope so anyway, the past few weeks I've been having serious anxiety about the commercial appeal of my band, and in a meeting with our lawyer we had a big arguement over how mainstream we want to get, but yeah. As an individual I'd hope that I'm not accessible to everyday people, but in a good way - I always love talking to the fans, nothing gives me more pleasure than sitting down for a beer after a gig with random people who happened to be in the bar and got converted to our cause, bought a CD, etc.

Yeah.

thanks

New band I've just joined for the money and because I want to play big venues and be in the music magazines (I'm not quitting Bubblegum Screw)

http://www.myspace.com/andreafaithful

You're welcome.

Not that my judgement is nearly as useful as those of the other musicians here, but I personally like Bubblegumscrew's music (such that I've heard) MUCH MUCH more than I like Andrea's(Not to dis your gig or anything). And I think I have a pretty good ear, and I know I have a pretty eclectic music collection with plenty of stuff in it that a lot of non-musician people will have never heard of, but which I consider essential works.

• Members
TupeloHoney, would you have gone that far if the band wasn't as successful? for many bands, groupies are a myth unless the band is famous enough to be on MTV. any advice to regular indie bands?

Yes, I would have, all things being the same with him asking someone to go get me.

Because the music would have still been the same. I've been following them and loving and buying their CD's from the original EP, and attending concerts since they started coming to my area (I'm from Minnesota, and usually if a band is going to do a concert in this area, it's either part of a big package, or they'll choose Chicago before Minneapolis).

And chances are, if I'd just seen him out and about, like in a restaurant or something, I never would have approached him. Even with the fledgeling bands I like now, though they aren't famous, I still wouldn't approach them. I just feel like it's annoying, and if you're seeing them out and about, it's probably the little free time and shred of privacy they have left, and I hate to make an annoyance of myself. Plus, there's no good way (in my opinion, for a girl like me who isn't a hobag) to let a person know that you appreciate their music to the extent that you would like to thank them with your body if that's desirable.

Maybe, if you're an Indie band and you have a regular gig or you play around the area where you actually live, you could just invite a girl you like to have a drink with you after, or maybe try to have some parties after your gig and invite them, but make it clear it's not open to everyone, just them? Or, maybe have one of your friends who's a girl sidle up to the girl and engage her in a little conversation (at set breaks), letting her know that you noticed her?

I dunno--anyone who cites My Bloody Valentine as an influence should get copious oral sex at least, just on principle. :D

By the way, if your screen name refers to the fact that you're the guitarist . . . you are really, really good. Great control and expression (not that my opinion about that means anything. I just know what I hear). Your singer has a beautiful voice as well.

• Members
TupeloHoney, as the starter of this thread, I have to thank you for this great piece of writing you produced in this thread. It's the best thing I've read in here since Mr Knobs' story.
:thu::)

You made me wish I had met a girl like you as a groupie...that "so and so" dude is indeed a lucky mother{censored}er !
:eek:

Well...for that, I first need to have groupies...
:confused::freak::cry:

Thank you, though I am nowhere near the writing ability of Mr. Knobs. I was wondering if that's been published yet. I just basically copied what I wrote in my journal to tell my grandkids someday. Eh, maybe not. It might creep them out to think of grandma that way.

And to this day, I think of myself as the lucky one. I still can't believe it sometimes, and it's been five years.

• Members
My groupie stories are all the same...

I'm playing...the band takes a break...a really hot looking lady schmoozes up to me...a little drunk, giggling, making sure she kinda rubs up against me...looks right into my eyes and says...

"Could you introduce me to the bass player?"

:freak::rolleyes:

LOL, I thought that I was the only one that happened to!Lol

• Members
I dunno--anyone who cites My Bloody Valentine as an influence should get copious oral sex at least, just on principle.
:D

By the way, if your screen name refers to the fact that you're the guitarist . . . you are really, really good. Great control and expression (not that my opinion about that means anything. I just know what I hear). Your singer has a beautiful voice as well.

thanks for the compliment! I don't get that often. yes, I am the guitarist. Kevin Shields is very influencial to me, he's not technical, but what that guy does with his guitar, it's pure art. but no copious oral for me, not yet. I'm rather a giver though :D

• Members
thanks for the compliment! I don't get that often. yes, I am the guitarist. Kevin Shields is very influencial to me, he's not technical, but what that guy does with his guitar, it's pure art. but no copious oral for me, not yet. I'm rather a giver though
:D

Oh, I do appreciate Kevin Shields. I don't understand the why's, how's, and wherefores, but I know he builds beautiful landscapes. When I saw "Lost In Translation", I knew immediately it was him I heard.

Regarding being a giver, the world can never have enough of, nor celebrate adequately, the men who truly enjoy that.

• Members

TupeloHoney, that was a wonderful story. I'm really glad you decided to take a chance and share it with us, just like you took a chance on the famous guitarist you had a memorable night with.

I feel a bit like an ass for my previous post in this thread. There was kind of a boy's club mentality going on and I sort of acted accordingly. But the truth of the matter is I am like you, but on the other side: a bit shy and I didn't want to bother anyone. It was always very difficult for me to meet women when I played, even though quite a few have told me that I was attractive. I just don't have the personality to go out and 'get' ladies. The times that I did get laid, I can attribute to friends helping me out (wingmen) telling them, "he thinks you're hot" or just hoping for a woman that would come up to me (which rarely happened). "Getting lucky" was really an apt description in my case.

Maybe I was too much of a nice guy and it shattered the illusion for most of the women that might have been otherwise interested in me (thinking I was some cool, super-confident dude). Maybe I just didn't play the game right. I don't know. Reading your post has made me rethink a lot of things of my past. It's great to know that some women out there are truly driven by the music and feel like they need to connect somehow with the men and that's why they offer their bodies to (some) musicians. I love the movie Almost Famous, even though it has a melancholy tint to it. The band-aids were cool. I should look back on some of the women I met and realize that's probably why they were attracted to me to begin with: they felt the music I produced as part of the group I was in at the time. Even at my small-time level, there are indeed groupies out there. I sometimes wonder what it would have been like if I had been on a label, touring and all that stuff. Interesting to think about.

I actually met my girlfriend at a gig. I was playing with my friend's band as an extra hired member last summer. Three nights on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The pay was low and the bar didn't have the best air circulation (i.e. hotter than hell in there), but my girlfriend showed up on the last night. I saw her playing pool in the bar and thought she was attractive, but she is the one that came up to me first. She approached the stage to request a song, then after the first set, she went directly to me when I sat down. We hit it off and were almost an instant couple. She always tells people she picked ME up, which is the truth. I doubt I would have made the move. We're still together and it's great. And to think I almost didn't go to the gig because of the money factor...

Thanks again for your input. I hope you find other things to post about here and will stick around. :)

• Members

Tim, thank you very much. I found your post moving also, and I appreciate you sharing what you shared.

Please don't apologize for anything you said earlier in the thread. Boy's clubs are nice, in my opinion. Think of what rock and roll would miss without the swaggering, muscular, "my balls are huge and full of cum" energy that's part and parcel to so much of it, even when it's a woman performing? Besides, I don't really belong here. I'm a guest, a non-musician, and I would have thought it fair if people had told me to {censored} off, or made fun of what I posted in some way. It's your right to react in what ever way you feel like, because you didn't ask me to come here, or for my opinion. I'm grateful that I spread a little understanding, to whomever absorbed it.

Don't have any regrets about the past, but if you see things differently now, for the better, then that's wonderful too. Maybe you'll never know specifically if you touched anyone in a special way, but you can almost bet on it, and if that gives you a little energy for continuing to create, then that's just as good as a {censored}, isn't it?

Thanks again. I'm reading a lot of the boards because it's so interesting, to get to know what the creative and business process is like for all of you, and I've also found a lot of cool music I never would have been exposed to otherwise. I'm begining to despair about what's available from a lot of the major labels nowadays, so sites like this and the internet in general are indispensible.

• Members

I got an email from a girl I was with on the road 11 years ago. She found me online and sent a note asking if I remembered her, etc. She apologized for the way she acted back then, and that she was ashamed of herself for "being a band whore".

I remembered her, so I replied right away. I told her I thought of her fondly, and not to be too hard on herself. We were young and having a good time as best we knew how. She wrote back that my reponse had made her feel better about that time in her life. I hope all "groupies" try and remember that "it takes two to tango" and that not all of us band members think ill of the girls they were with.

• Members
Oh, I do appreciate Kevin Shields. I don't understand the why's, how's, and wherefores, but I know he builds
beautiful landscapes
. When I saw "Lost In Translation", I knew immediately it was him I heard.

Regarding being a giver, the world can never have enough of, nor celebrate adequately, the men who truly enjoy that.

yeah, he almost paints with his guitars. I sported the same approach on one of our tunes but with my way of painting. had fun doing it.:thu:

• Members
Oh, I do appreciate Kevin Shields. I don't understand the why's, how's, and wherefores, but I know he builds beautiful landscapes. When I saw "Lost In Translation", I knew immediately it was him I heard.

:cool: Thank you. Thank you vury much. It warms a dude's heart to know that his 38 years of dedication to that noble cause are recognized and appreciated.

• Members

Ok. This thread has gone too long without a groupie story.

Back in the day...spring of 1980. We played a regular 3fer gig (Thu-Sat) in a small town in WV. We were a hard touring road act, mostly Top 40 rock covers, but with a healthy dose of classic rock (which was still fresh at that point I suppose). We also had enough good original material to get the occasional national opening gigs, and a well done cassette for sale (rare in those days). Anyway, this roadhouse was sizeable, maybe held 250, but they usually packed it in around 50 more than capacity. The drinking age was 18 back then, so of course we had most of the senior class from the local HS, as well as everybody else within a 50 mile radius...and they all came back every night. The local girls were hillbilly hotties, and they were wetting the seats all week.

I was always the monogamous sort, and was trying to lay off that weekend since I had something fresh going back home. But it got kinda hard with all the {censored}ing that was going on. Seriously, everytime you went to catch a buzz in the van, someone was gettin' some in the back. And in the office, supply room, behind the bar, or at the little motel where we shared 2 small efficiency cottages (with 6 guys) in the woods outside of town. The entire week I was watching this hot little green eyed redhead, and had pleasantly chatted her up a few times, but she always seemed to be gone by midnight....until Saturday.

So we finish our last show to a large rowdy crowd, and decide to come back and pack up the next day, which was our habit at this room. I'm walking out with my guitar looking forward to what promises to be a blowout back at the motel, when my little redhead pops up in the parking lot, and says "'mind if I come hang out with you tonight?" I couldn't resist her gorgeous eyes, but had to ask how old she was. She was 17, and a graduating senior at the local HS. Since I was 20 at the time, the math didn't bother me much. It all made sense then, that she was going home early 'cause she had to get to school in the morning.

• Members

So we get back to the cabins, and there's a party going on. It was about 2 to 1 girls to guys, and some of them were already half naked. We hung out for a while in the party cabin, then went back to mine, only to find the bass player and drummer having a little orgy in there with some of the locals. I grabbed an acoustic, and suggested a walk. It's about 4 am at this point, and we found ourselves sitting on a hill in the moonlight, and I started playing her a few of my songs. Then she surprised me, took my guitar, and played me a few of hers back...and she was awesome! Now I was hooked. So we kissed and played, then kissed some more, then put the guitar down, and played some more. We ended going back to my cabin after watching the sunrise, found it deserted, and had beautiful sex.

That day around noon, we woke and went at it again, then once more in the shower, and then decided to go get some food. We stopped by the other cabin and found the door ajar. We looked in to see all of the mattresses in one large circle, with about 10 naked bodies laying where they passed out. Our keyboard player was spread eagled in the middle, with 3 girls draped over him...and a dog. The dog was the only one conscious in the room, and he was smiling. I remember this detail the most, because that's the picture that I took, which I still have today.

End of story is kind of interesting too. We kept in touch, and hooked up one more time when she came up that summer to stay with me for a weekend in Pittsburgh. If I wasn't so busy, and she wasn't so young, we could've fell in love. I ended up joining a dance band that fall, and we got signed, did an album, then went on the road...so we lost touch.

Two years later my band was in a layover on a Thursday night in Morgantown, waiting to play a gig the next night at WVU. So I go into town with my drummer to see whats happening. We wander into this packed little club, and there was this great local college band playing there...and boy was their redheaded lead singer hot!

I got to be the groupie that night. But I never saw her again.

If you're reading this Mim... I'll never forget you.

• Members
Ethereal714, that was a wonderful story.

I feel like kicking you in the butt though! Why did you let her go-oooo?

We were both too young, and had too much to do. I let a couple great ones go like that. I think most road musicians have, which is one of the reasons why the road is so hard on you. I eventually came back to one though, and have been with her for the last 22 years.

Thanks. I enjoyed your story too.

• Members
We were both too young, and had too much to do. I let a couple great ones go like that. I think most road musicians have, which is one of the reasons why the road is so hard on you. I eventually came back to one though, and have been with her for the last 22 years.

Thanks. I enjoyed your story too.

I'm glad you came back to the one.

• Members

My cover band was playing a little dive/biker bar in Connecticut, typical gig, decent crowd......after our last set was finished and the load out began, I noticed our bass player was awol for quite some time. Now usually the boys are doing there best at hook-ups before they leave and I wrote off his absense to exactly that. When I finished packing up my gear and before I split, I figured I would use the bathroom one more time before the trip home and on the way there what did I see but my bass player making out with some chick on a corner sofa, kinda of out of the way in a back hallway area of the bar. "Good for him," thought I and went to piss. Well I had a lot of beers and was doing my thing like a racehorse when I heard loud shouting and banging coming from outside the bathroom and it kept getting louder and more intense but unless the club is on fire, I ain't stopping my stream for anyone or anything......

Once I left the bathroom, I saw the source of all the noise; this huge biker dude who made my good size bass player look like a schoolgirl on the first day of the 2nd grade. He was probably 6'4" or so and at least 275-300lbs. and built like a tank. Well, the biker guy was screaming at the girl, who appearently was the finace of his best friend, who just happened to be incarcerated at that time. As the screaming went on, and my bass player was turning whiter and trying harder to fade into the sofa, I learned that the biker guy was sworn to his buddy to watch out for his girl until he got out - and then the real twist - that he was in love with her too......"holy {censored}, we are gonna need a new bass player," was what I was thinking.

While this quasi-Gimme 3 steps scene is playing out, I am trying to figure out how to get my bass player/friend out of the situation without us both having to take an ass whooping. So.......the best I could come up was to grab the biker's hand and start shaking vigorously while saying, "Jeff, Jeff, it's really great to see you man, I can't believe you made it here tonight......how did you like the show, how's your mom doing, etc., etc, " while carefully and skillfully turning him slowly around and away from the situation. As the biker guy was trying to figure out who the f*ck I was and trying to process the information (he was drunk as {censored} too), I am feverishly eye-motioning to my friend to head for the door fast as I know this isn't gonna last long.

Well to my surprise, the guy goes, "Hey man, good to see you too, how have you been brother.....let me get you a beer" and we start strolling away towards the bar.......which gives my friend not only time to escape but get his gear out too and beat it out of the bar. The biker guy calms right down, we have a beer (AND HE PAYS) and he takes his love and best friends fiance out of the bar.

My bass player is saved and I am temporarily elevated to band hero status. All the while I am dumb-founded that my stupid-ass, lame plan worked and defused the situation.....and thrilled that my friend and I didn't get beat up.

#1 morale: don't trust chicks at shows........especially from myspace.com.
#2 morale: all biker guys appearently will respond favorable to the name "Jeff" - why?, I have no idea......:confused:;)

• Members
Groupies? Well, look at it this way... A couple of months ago I was playing guitar in an acoustic session in a pub. A 20-something gal plops down drunkenly on the chair next to me and exclaims that she just loves guitar players; all her boyfriends have been guitar players.

From way across the pub my wife's radar went ballistic. She was next to me in an instant and, dripping with sweetness, told the young lady she, too, liked guitar players and that was why she married this one.

OOOOoo cock blocked by the wife!!! Hope you at least had some Jealous wifey good times when the night was through . . .

• Members

I'll post one: Did a gig upstate some years ago. A chick I'd met there the previous year saw we were gonna be playing and came down .... she flashes me from the audience, and after the set comes backstage and rips her panties off and lands in my lap!

Unfortunately, my girlfriend (soon to be wife) was there.... it has a great deal to do with why she doesn't like the idea of me going on the road anymore. :(:D

• Members

I once saw my drummer disappear after a show with a chick whom I only saw from the back (and she looked fine). After I got through wrapping up my gear etc... I ran in back to the storage room of the club we were playing to get empty road cases. Sure enough there they are, with her giving him a hummer! I did a quick "Whoops, sorry!" and she looks up (and turns out to be one of the nastiest biker-hags I've ever seen) and says in a way-too-many-cigarette voice "Nummy in my tummy!" (To this day, and this happened at least 15 years ago, I can still hear her saying this).

I ran outta there laughing my ass off and promptly told the rest of the band. Few minutes later they come out trying to make it look like nothing went on, except for the Lewinsky-approved stain she was sportin' on the front of her shirt.........

Ahhhh good times indeed......