Ugh.. really feeling this recession!

Blackbird 13

• Members

Ugh..

In the past four weeks.. I've had a rainout.. I had one club decide to stop doing all it's bands but one (after a handshake agreement and TWO phone calls confirming our dates would be good there); costing us two dates, I had another club that claims they had issues with the fire marshall; costing us two dates, and I had a corporate chain bar double book over two gigs, and cancel a third on me this morning (for tonight's gig?!) because the Wednesdays have been slow across the board.

W. T. F.? I have NEVER seen it this bad out there.. it's $1300 I've lost.. $1300 the other vocalist has lost, and like $600-$800 each for the other two guys in the band.

Any ideas on how to pick up some work? Even something on the cheap would be good right now.. as this is ridiculous! In 15 years of doing this, and 7 years of doing it as full time income.. I've never had it hit this hard...

• Members

Blackbird 13 wrote:

Any ideas on how to pick up some work? Even something on the cheap would be good right now.. as this is ridiculous! In 15 years of doing this, and 7 years of doing it as full time income.. I've never had it hit this hard...

Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, cut grass, construction, etc?  Would probably pay better per hour than a $200 band bar gig, too.

• Members

Blackbird 13 wrote:

Ugh..

In the past four weeks.. I've had a rainout.. I had one club decide to stop doing all it's bands but one (after a handshake agreement and TWO phone calls confirming our dates would be good there); costing us two dates, I had another club that claims they had issues with the fire marshall; costing us two dates, and I had a corporate chain bar double book over two gigs, and cancel a third on me this morning (for tonight's gig?!) because the Wednesdays have been slow across the board.

W. T. F.? I have NEVER seen it this bad out there.. it's $1300 I've lost.. $1300 the other vocalist has lost, and like $600-$800 each for the other two guys in the band.

Meagan and I have been picking up a good number of acoustic gigs.  They pay decent and they're fun.

• Members

TrickyBoy wrote:

Meagan and I have been picking up a good number of acoustic gigs.  They pay decent and they're fun.

Please just don't play barre chords on your acoustic all night and solo on it like it's an electric. I'm serious too.  ;)

• Members

TrickyBoy wrote:

Blackbird 13 wrote:

Ugh..

Thats how it venues cut cost ,,, bands turn into duos.  

Archived