Goofy question but, is there a way to prevent getting shocked like crazy everytime

stevolives

• Members

I get up from my keyboard workstation and return? I have to kind of smack the keyboard (metal) because it is really unnerving to have it shock me, as it also goes through the pa system POP. haaate that. I was just curious what you guys do to avoid this. Sometimes I smack it, then sit down on piano bench, and when i go to play it shocks me again! :o When I worked in a warehouse, we had to wear rubber heelstrap on shoe because was circuit board company, but I don't know if that would work for this because it plugged in somehow.

• Members

Probably. Is it a "static electrity" shock (common when it is cold and the air is dry), or something else? The something else has the potential to be a fatal leakage of current due to a missing ground or other fault at your keyboard. Does it happen only when the keyboard is connected to other equipment, or can you get a shock just by plugging in the power supply? Mark C.

• Members

Probably. Is it a "static electrity" shock (common when it is cold and the air is dry), or something else? The something else has the potential to be a fatal leakage of current due to a missing ground or other fault at your keyboard. Does it happen only when the keyboard is connected to other equipment, or can you get a shock just by plugging in the power supply? Mark C.

Yes, it is static, and that static makes it threw to the speakers. My baby grand in living room does same thing. I would say it's only in winter that this occurs. I just went to my keyboard rig, none of it is turned on, and it still shocked me, static, thanks!

• Members

Archived