Hand Carts/Trucks!

skybluegary

• Members

I highly recommend the rock n roller cart. I have had mine for over 10 years now! Been through 3 sets of front wheels, and the last set i bought from them were of better quality so they are holding up real well.

One load in~~One load out~~(guitar is on my back)

A feew stairs isnt to hard. A flight of stairs cant use a cart.

• Members

Hand trucks or a dolly is an absolute necessity. I've been using a 600 lb. capacity dual position model that's available at Home Depot -- not that they need me to shill for them. I'm on my third unit in close to 20 years, and it's a lifesaver!

:thu:

• Members

I used an L1 in the past too-- You get everything in one trip?? Including cd's ,extra's, instument(s)....I never could

The reason the rock n roller is better for me is that it folds up real nice. Even in an SUV a big dolly takes up too much room.

Stairs: If it were a small load i could see you maybe getting up stairs. I take one big one and would be afraid everything would tumble.

• Members

Who's using hand carts?

How many trips do you make to get all your gear in/out? How do you cope with stairs?

I'm thinking about getting a r'n'r multi-cart possibly the R10. Anyone got one of these?

http://www.rocknrollercart.com/

Or, should I be looking at some other make?

Ha - similar thread is going on in the "Live Sound" forum...

I am a kybd. player who sometimes brings own PA though more often playing in situation where it's some else's problem :rolleyes: - nonetheless, one of the kybds. is big and bulky & I sometimes also bring guitars, bass, other junk... so having good wheels is an essential part of the rig. :thu:

I use the Rock+Roller cart, Model R12 -the biggest one, w/the pneumatic tires:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]343566[/ATTACH]

It's awesome - great if you have to drag stuff into a backyard or open field. The wheels on the smaller models just don't cut it in those situations.

Good company, too - I had a problem w/the front wheels, they sent me a brand new set no charge under warranty. :cool:

• Members

I use this one

http://www.lowes.com/pd_304427-66651-12301ABL1_0__?productId=3192935&Ntt=hand+truck&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dhand%2Btruck&facetInfo=

I'ts awesome. It folds down flat into a cart, and is extremely heavy duty. If someone stole it, I would either hunt them down and kill them, or go buy a new one. The one negative is that it doesn't fold up small. It can be difficult to navigate, as it doesn't do great on tight corners. I'm not sure any fully loaded cart would, though.

I can fit everything but my guitar. Two speakers, PA Head, small monitor, two plastic totes, and extension cords. There's a system to get it to all fit. Depending on the venue, I can carry my guitar in one hand while pushing the cart. In other venues, I have to make a second trip.

• Moderators

I finally broke down and purchased a little folding luggage cart...typically I have a small amp, a mic stand, a couple of guitars and a gear bag...properly stacked and strapped, it just makes it a one trip deal. The cart is rated to 150 lbs....the gearbag has a shoulder strap, so I'm still carrying that. For the whole band, we have a rocknroller R12 ( :love: ) and a couple of industrial hand trucks.

31yCGfaI4lL._SS500_.jpg

btw, there is an 'add-on' you can buy for most hand trucks to make it easier to go up a flight of stairs...I got one for our maintenance guy when he has to weld on the exterior stair rails (mounted on his welder rig cart)...check at U-line for their Stair Climber.

• Members

I use a Bose L1. Saves a lot of hassle.

Yeah, got one. I'm trying to go as compact as possible, but add a couple of guitars, some lights, couple of bags and some extra bits like a pc, pedal board, stands and it starts mounting up. Good luck on the euro trip!

Archived