Do you get tired of this?

stunningbabe

• Members

:rolleyes:

How often do you see a Guitarist on stage sample his playing...one layer at a time...using his looping machine?

Gosh....to build that layer by layer 6-8 times before you even start singing on top of all these becomes tiresome after awhile.

It is always the same old predictable way. You keep hearing the same repeated bass line, rhythm, chords and etc over and over again for the next 5 minutes.

Not everyone has the patience to see a guitarist do that for the next 10 songs.

• Members

It's novel perhaps the first time you see someone do it, but after that, you really have to have the patience to sit through the same {censored} over and over as they build the loop. I personally can't stand it. I just want them to create their loops at home, SAVE them, and then sing the damn song. Entertain people, don't show off how you can make loops.

Just my take on it. I sold my looper three weeks ago. ;)

Brian V.

• Members

It's novel perhaps the first time you see someone do it, but after that, you really have to have the patience to sit through the same {censored} over and over as they build the loop. I personally can't stand it. I just want them to create their loops at home, SAVE them, and then sing the damn song. Entertain people, don't show off how you can make loops.

Just my take on it. I sold my looper three weeks ago.
;)
Brian V.

Agree 100%! It becomes so tiresome to watch that over and over again.

• Members

I've scoured Youtube for inspiration, looking for people who loop well. I also get SO tired of sitting through loop after loop of the building process. There are some who do it well, seamlessly starting the song and building from there. You don't know they're doing it sometimes. I've seen Phil Keaggy build a loop fast and get into the song, Andrew Bird does it well, and a guy I found from Minnesota named Michael Munroe (NOT the Hanoi Rocks guy).

90% of what you see is that boring build a song stuff. Most of them seem really happy with what they're doing too.

I've had a looper for years and have never been able to figure out how to use it the way I want. Still dreaming....

• Members

Its easy. Loop alot at once. (Well its not easy but the concept is)

If you do percussive do a bunch at once, dont "build" it seperately.

I do a basic beat via beatbox(very basic) alon with a bassy rhythm guitar. My loops usually are fully built in under 15 seconds. Is that quick enough for ya'll?????????????????????????????????????

• Members

Loopers are so out of date now. Nowadays..more and more people are tired of seeing the same old recyled routine on stage.

i dont think it's the equipment thats out of date as much as it seems the person you are referring to is boringly redundant... anything done in such a fashion is usually tough to sit through for more than 20 minutes or so unless they happen to be utterly brilliant... i ave just started working with a looper and see how it could be used as something to add interest... something capable of adding another dimension to my playing but nonetheless i will still be a guitarist and vocalist... not a looperist... i dont plan on it being used on every tune in the same way each time following the same routine for each and every tune every night every gig... :idk:

i dont care what your act is, if it is repetitive and predictable it isnt going to be entertaining to too many people for very long...

• Members

Why do you guys use them the way everyone else does? Use them as a second guitar player to solo over. Record the riff while you're singing and when the solo comes up it's there and ready to go. This is a HUGE element of my show and I don't over do it. That whole loop bass lines, guitar lines and vocals stuff is just silly.

• Members

Why do you guys use them the way everyone else does? Use them as a second guitar player to solo over. Record the riff while you're singing and when the solo comes up it's there and ready to go. This is a HUGE element of my show and I don't over do it. That whole loop bass lines, guitar lines and vocals stuff is just silly.

I'd prolly stay and watch your show... and buy you a beer afterwards and pick your brain... or tell you some lies for a laugh... :D

• Members

I recently had a couple tell me they really enjoyed my show because I wasn't using a looper. They said it was refreshing to see someone just play the guitar and sing. I thought that was kind of funny.

I'm not opposed to them. I thought they were cool when they were first hitting big 5 or so years ago. But, the schtick gets boring really quick. Oh, and don't get me started on the guys who use it as an excuse to wank on a guitar solo for 5 minutes in the middle of what should have been a 3 minute song (there's a guy locally that does these long, meandering songs, taking extended solos, barely even singing - like a one man jam band or something).

When used tastefully and appropriately, they are very nice tools.

• Members

Its easy. Loop alot at once. (Well its not easy but the concept is)

If you do percussive do a bunch at once, dont "build" it seperately.

I do a basic beat via beatbox(very basic) alon with a bassy rhythm guitar. My loops usually are fully built in under 15 seconds. Is that quick enough for ya'll?????????????????????????????????????

Yes. We're not talking about people who build them quickly...we're talking about the morons who let it go over and over as they build their loops. It's IRRITATING after a while. If you're not that, then this complaint isn't about you.

We're not condemning the USE of loopers, just the ENDLESS building of loops.

:facepalm:

Brian V.

Archived