do you perform better when tipsy?

stunningbabe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
actually, everyday, just not always in here...
;)

i've heard that about you... :D

on the topic:
i'm half american indian and half irish... so i'm a man that really wants a drink but kniws that after three i dont know whether to lift your scalp or sing you to death...

• Members

I don't drink but there isn't a chance in hell that I'd regularly play a venue that forbid me to drink. I don't work for anyone...I'm hired to perform at your venue.

As far as increasing your odds in getting gigs if you're a non-drinker, that's a bunch of silliness too. You're either good at what you do or you're not. Do you think the venues I play at care what I do before my gig? They all joke about it...all of them including the country club. If they did I wouldn't be doing 170 gigs this year. I got so uncomfortable with venues and patrons offering me drinks that in order to not be the "buzz kill" guy, I finally started telling people I don't drink because it interferes with my pot buzz.

I'm as professional as they come. They hire me to perform well...not to be a saint.

• Members

so, you don't do praise band stuff, then?
;)

Lol...Actaully I was just reading my own post and thinking why they heck did I write that? Whatever though.. It's true. There are so many variables in what we do and I think everything really comes down to the performers personality and the relationships that they form with the venue.

• Members

... I think everything really comes down to the performers personality and the relationships that they form with the venue.

have to agree fully with that one right there...

venue doesn't give two hoots if you have a drink during your gig or not.. but not four or five i guess, that would be a different story i reckon ;)

they just want someone who comes , plays professionally and engages the crowd in exactly the way the crowd wants to be engaged (whether thats "in the background" or "up for it" is entirely up to the crowd, and up for you to find out..)

Archived