User Videos

Rimmer

• Members

Started off bad but got better. Had to set up over top pa and drums(They had to set up 2.5 hours before show???, no place for front lighting, 1 SCX500 with NO TILT, shortage of power. Not my best work, I was frustrated. Enough excuses, watch it

4 martin SCX 500, Par 64 led on drummer,2 colorstrips,2 Qspot 152 hti's, DMXIs on the laptop

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Infonavit222 View Post
This is the same club a year later. We've since added a 10ft truss, 2-AMDJ Fusion FX 3 Bars, 1-AMDJ Fusion FX 2 bar. Some 500 watt strobes for backlighting and an Obey 40 controller. $1400 investment but look at the difference.

Thanksgiving Eve 2009

We plan to add a 5 ft truss extention and maybe two color strips for additional back lighting. Any ideas or suggest we'd welcome

Where's the video link?

I would like to see the before and after

let me know
cheers,
Charles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We were the house band here last year notice how low the ceiling is where the drummer is. He almost had to duck down to get to his drums.

My gear list.

8-Irradiant par 56's
2-pearl whites
2 pearl color (now replaced with sunrays)
2-Chauvet color strips behind the drummer on the floor
2-Walmart floods
2- Generic 75 watt strobes from bulb America
1-Chauvet fogger (now replace with Nuetron xs hazer)
1-Chauvet DMX 40 controller
1-10ft section of truss never ever used and collecting dust because of the ceiling cry.gif
2-On stage Lighting Stands

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by twostone View Post

We were the house band here last year notice how low the ceiling is where the drummer is. He almost had to duck down to get to his drums.

My gear list.

8-Irradiant par 56's
2-pearl whites
2 pearl color (now replaced with sunrays)
2-Chauvet color strips behind the drummer on the floor
2-Walmart floods
2- Generic 75 watt strobes from bulb America
1-Chauvet fogger (now replace with Nuetron xs hazer)
1-Chauvet DMX 40 controller
1-10ft section of truss never ever used and collecting dust because of the ceiling cry.gif
2-On stage Lighting Stands

Love it!

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by Pamilla View Post
Hi..... User video's needs a well and lighting to attract other viewers...
Lighting and luminacing is essential to promote the user coverage surface area..
Huh??? confused.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by RoadRanger View Post
Pretty sure that was an attempt at sig spam - sans sig freak.gif. Might be interestin' to checkout their other 15 posts to see if that's what they were trying to do ?
Yeah. This is a more advanced version of the stupidest form of forum advertising on the interweb. Post a load of nonsense answers eventually inserting advertising spam like "how to get your boy friend back" and "punjabi real estate services" when you think the Mods aren't looking.

These people not only waste our time but waste their own. Talk about poor product placement smile.gif

cheers. Rimmer

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Here's some video from the other night, new venue, first show with the band.

8 LED PAR 64's, 2 Blizzard Colorstorm Pars, 2 Blizzard Polaris spots, 2 Blizzard Flurry Wash, 4 ClubScans running on FreeStyler with a Midi controller

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2H3TH36SAU

From a few weeks ago.

Front lighting:2 Chauvet Colorstrips (one on each side).

Rear lighting:4 Chauvet MinSpot RGBW moving lights, 4 Venue LED par64 cans.

Elation DMX Operator controller.

Audio/Video was recorded using an Alesis Videotrack.

This is the first song of their set. My first time running lights for them. First gig with the MinSpot RGBW fixtures.

Hope you enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9IdexWo65I

http://www.youtube.com/drummer762226.../0/7iPopu8ntZY

http://www.youtube.com/drummer762226.../5/r3Tb9KjholA

http://www.youtube.com/drummer762226.../0/tdhspkmGiw4

There's a few videos from a recent gig I did, a benefit show featuring several differnt acts. If you happen to like the lights or any of the bands, there are more videos online of each of these bands.

Lighting rig consisted of:

Front Lighting-2 Chauvet Colorstrips (one per side)

Rear Lighting - 4 Venue PAR64 LED cans, 4 Venue PAR56 LED cans, 4 Chauvet MinSpot RGBW moving fixtures.

Controlled by an Elation DMX Operator board

• 1 month later...
  • Members

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWuwoZv4J3Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWuwoZv4J3Q

Here's the footage from my gig this past Saturday night. A really great sounding band!

Lighting Rig:

Front-2 Chauvet Colorstrips (one per side)

Rear- 4 Venue PAR64 LED cans, 4 Chauvet MinSpot RGBW moving lights

Elation DMX Operator controller

Recorded with an Alesis VideoTrack

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey Johnny,
quick question... nice lighting btw! First I'm assuming this isnt your band and you were just doing the video and/or lights for them? If so, what did you use to get the very detailed and syncronized "scenes" and transitions? It obviously doesnt look like "sound activated" presets because many parts of the lighting perfectly sync with some percussion fills/hits and sometimes guitar as well, but then transitions very intuitively into the next verse, chorus, etc.

If this IS your band or you had the time to get to know the material and program some tightly synced dmx than that would make sense. If this was on the fly though GREAT JOB! I'm designing an ethnic fusion/new age show using DMXIS and really want to fine tune a nice light show to the music as I build my fixture rig (two Fusion Bars only right now for me as a solo artist). You created some nicely mixed and well progressed scenes here. Any details on what you do?Sorry, this was regarding the "Think Big: 1997" demo video... not the club stuff. I know, a couple of rough starts there smile.gif hehehehe but the lighting was nicely done.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by camshiva View Post
Hey Johnny,
quick question... nice lighting btw! First I'm assuming this isnt your band and you were just doing the video and/or lights for them? If so, what did you use to get the very detailed and syncronized "scenes" and transitions? It obviously doesnt look like "sound activated" presets because many parts of the lighting perfectly sync with some percussion fills/hits and sometimes guitar as well, but then transitions very intuitively into the next verse, chorus, etc.

If this IS your band or you had the time to get to know the material and program some tightly synced dmx than that would make sense. If this was on the fly though GREAT JOB! I'm designing an ethnic fusion/new age show using DMXIS and really want to fine tune a nice light show to the music as I build my fixture rig (two Fusion Bars only right now for me as a solo artist). You created some nicely mixed and well progressed scenes here. Any details on what you do?Sorry, this was regarding the "Think Big: 1997" demo video... not the club stuff. I know, a couple of rough starts there smile.gif hehehehe but the lighting was nicely done.
Hey thanks... It's all On-The-Fly, Since 1992 LOL... There's some visuals I try to recreate for each song, but for the most part, it's all done by the feel of the room and what's going on... Back for the Think Big video all I had was an old 8-channel muliplex system... I want to go to a laptop DMX dongle system, but, I don't want to loose the "feeling" doing on the fly... But because of DMX I've run out of channels on my 16-fader board, plus another 8-channel controller and a foot pedal for strobes... So, it's only a matter of time...

""It obviously doesnt look like "sound activated" presets because many parts of the lighting perfectly sync with some percussion fills/hits and sometimes guitar as well, but then transitions very intuitively into the next verse, chorus, etc.""

Thanks again... That's the kind of thing that's very important to me... Yes, sometimes it's off because I'm generally workign in the dark with not light on my controller... But for the most part, I'm three bars ahead of the music for each song with something in my head I want to see while waiting for the next change...

• Members

nice, very nice!!! Since '92?! Then you're at the level where you ride your faders and play your scenes like the board is a true musical instrument. People should appreciate that more for what it is. I dont know where youre at but if I line up a gig in your area (I plan mostly on Performing Arts Centers) and I need a more organic hands on feel, I would GLADLY pay for your services.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived