Overkill for our 5-pc cover band??

• Members

Originally posted by soul-x

If you can keep your backline volume down, it just might cover you in smaller rooms.

Add a BOSE PAS system to that rig and you can do halls up to 1000 people . ;) OK, that wasn`t nice....Sorry :D I know some people don`t appreciate sarcasm...

• Members

Originally posted by Al Poulin

Add a BOSE PAS system to that rig and you can do halls up to 1000 people .
;)
OK, that wasn`t nice....Sorry
:D
I know some people don`t appreciate sarcasm...

Oh! just fell out of my chair, laughing too hard... :D

• Members

Originally posted by pktaskes

We play mainly small-medium venues...150 people max. We want it all to be able to fit in my F150 (with cap).

http://cgi.ebay.com/M-A-D-EAW-PA-System_W0QQitemZ7424397746QQihZ016QQcategoryZ23794QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Nick - I'll give you advice on this if you finally throw me a gig down there in central Jersey, like you promised 3 months ago... :eek: LOL! :p

• Members

Originally posted by GigMan

Nick - I'll give you advice on this if you finally throw me a gig down there in central Jersey, like you promised 3 months ago...
:eek:
LOL!
:p

The band voted and we'll let you in on some gigs if you commit to hauling this baby around with you.

• Members

Originally posted by pktaskes

The band voted and we'll let you in on some gigs if you commit to hauling this baby around with you.

Um... yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and say a big neeewwww on that...

[The previous sentence must be said out loud in the voice of Bill Lumbergh - Gary Cole's character in the movie "Office Space"] :p

I think that speaker array is actually bigger than my house - a "cozy" little 3 bedroom ranch: "cozy" being the real estate world's term for small. :thu:

• CMS Author

Add a BOSE PAS system to that rig and you can do halls up to 1000 people .
;)
OK, that wasn`t nice....Sorry
:D
I know some people don`t appreciate sarcasm...

Take a look at the 'questions' part of the listing...some guy's asking if he can buy just the subs. No doubt, he's got a PAS....

• Members

Originally posted by Craigv

Take a look at the 'questions' part of the listing...some guy's asking if he can buy just the subs. No doubt, he's got a PAS....

I really don't know if those subs could keep up.... ;) Especially once you got further away from the system, say 2 kilometers, where the Bose PAS would be as loud as it is on stage but you wouldn't hear the subs at all anymore. :cry:

• Members

I really don't know if those subs could keep up....
;)
Especially once you got further away from the system, say 2 kilometers, where the Bose PAS would be as loud as it is on stage but you wouldn't hear the subs at all anymore.
:cry:

rofl! Thank goodness I wasn't drinking anything when I read this! :D

Steve.

• CMS Author

I really don't know if those subs could keep up....
;)
Especially once you got further away from the system, say 2 kilometers, where the Bose PAS would be as loud as it is on stage but you wouldn't hear the subs at all anymore.
:cry:

Well played, sir!

• Members

It is probably my love of the Simpsons and Family guy that has made me such a sarcastic person. I actually met one my music teachers on the weekend that now plays with his band in bars in the area. He was boasting to me that he just bought a PAS. He paid approx. 3000$ canadian for a basic system. He hadn`t tried it yet but told me he had read people using this successfully in venues of 800 people or more. I just said Wow, that is impressive... and politely left it at that... I was also at a family picnic where a signer was entertaining the crown singing with the built in tracks on his keyboard. He had a pair of SP5Gs and the overall sound and vocals sounded quite good. I asked him what kind of mic he was using. He told me ''It`s actually a 35$ Behringer''. No {censored}! An 8500. It actually sounded good. For 35$, I guess it would make a good rental or karaoke mic where, if it breaks, no big deal. Anyway, I`m glad you enjoy my sarcasm! Thanks again, Al Poulin - Party-Time! DJ Services

• Members

It is probably my love of the Simpsons and Family guy that has made me such a sarcastic person.

Stewie (on Family Guy) kills me. I've also grown fond of Neil, the AV guy who has a crush on Meg... :D

But my absolute favorite is Glenn Quagmire - GIGITY-GIGITY (GigMan)... "Awwwwlriiiight." :thu::p

• Members

It is probably my love of the Simpsons and Family guy that has made me such a sarcastic person. I actually met one my music teachers on the weekend that now plays with his band in bars in the area. He was boasting to me that he just bought a PAS. He paid approx. 3000$ canadian for a basic system. He hadn`t tried it yet but told me he had read people using this successfully in venues of 800 people or more. I just said Wow, that is impressive... and politely left it at that... I was also at a family picnic where a signer was entertaining the crown singing with the built in tracks on his keyboard. He had a pair of SP5Gs and the overall sound and vocals sounded quite good. I asked him what kind of mic he was using. He told me ''It`s actually a 35$ Behringer''. No {censored}! An 8500. It actually sounded good. For 35$, I guess it would make a good rental or karaoke mic where, if it breaks, no big deal. Anyway, I`m glad you enjoy my sarcasm! Thanks again, Al Poulin - Party-Time! DJ Services

Not to change the subject (whatever it originally was) :) I took my basement Karaoke stuff ouside for a family picnic, and when my bro-in-law was swinging one of my SM58s by the cord like a helicopter over the asphalt...

the next day I ordered some of those XM8500s, $20 on MF. Apparently, by the zillion reviews, they're quite a bargain... one of those little gems that you get once in a while that defies the "you get what you pay for" rule. JMHO :)

• Members

I picked up an 8500 yesterday as a spare for my DJ system and hooked it up in my studio for the fun of it. The thing really does sound good and is really directional so should be good at avoiding feedback in most live situations. It is a Behringer, so I wouldn't count on it as my main mic, but as a spare or loaner it should be OK. As much as I don't like Behringer and would not be seen in public with their gear, I think anyone looking for a disposable/spare mic can't go wrong with the 8500. Better than any Radio shack mic I've ever heard... I compared it to my Shure and AKG and there was some difference in sound, but not as much as I would have thought. Especially for a 35$ (canadian) microphone. :confused: I guess Behringer can make a decent product when they want to. Unfortunately, they don't usually seem to want to... Al Poulin - Party-Time! DJ Services

• Members

Last time I used a behringer mic it was in a rehearsal studio, most of the gear was wrecked. They had behringer mics for the vocals. They're the worst mics I've ever heard, I'm not a fan of the SRM450s but I know they dont sound THAT bad.

Cant remember the serial number though.

Steve.

Archived