• Members

Damned straight, they use the telemarketing headsets with the crappiest mic elements available, they'd be bette off building their own stuff at the Rat Shack!

alas, the market they are in doesn't coincide with the market we are in, wouldn't it be great if you could understand them and they could understand you???? but that would mean hiring people who can speak and understand english too, there is more at work than equipment problems..... just the obvious part is the equipment.

• Members

Personally I would suggest they give the order takers ENGLISH lessons so I can understand what in the heck they are asking me..

I actually gave up and drove off from a Taco Bell drive through line once because I had no idea whatsoever what the lady was saying.

Forget the mic and speaker system. Make 'em speak engrish....

• Members

Personally I would suggest they give the order takers ENGLISH lessons so I can understand what in the heck they are asking me..

I actually gave up and drove off from a Taco Bell drive through line once because I had no idea whatsoever what the lady was saying.

Forget the mic and speaker system. Make 'em speak engrish....

The manager is the only employee at the local Wendy's who can speak conversational English. I once wanted to make a substitution on an order and it took speaking to 4 different people before they finally understood what I was saying.

-Dan.

• Members

The McDonalds here are really good... too bad the rest of the town blows. I think our McDonalds are the most technologically advanced business around here.:mad:

The manager is the only employee at the local Wendy's who can speak conversational English. I once wanted to make a substitution on an order and it took speaking to 4 different people before they finally understood what I was saying.

-Dan.

Ever see the southpark episode with the people from the future?

• Members

When McD's first started putting in drive throughs, I worked for a company that installed and serviced them. I was surprised how complex they were.

Someone designed in a switch and speaker jack so a temporary speaker could be plugged in if the menu speaker crapped out. About half the service calls were for "outside speaker is dead" which was the result of some curious kid flicking a switch that was under a weatherproof outlet cover on the menu sign. I never had an actual menu speaker failure.

At the time, someone told me that adding a drivethrough increased sales something like 25%.

I bet you could improve the intelligibility with one of those fancy IEC power cords.........

• Members

Today in the news....

''Twelve seniors died of a heart attack today following the installation of a newly designed McMegaphone drive through speaker system at their local MacDonald's restaurant. An employee, unaware he was being recorded, joked that ''for once someting other than our food is giving our customers heart attacks''. His boss, trying to help the situation, stated that even though the customers died, they certainly understood the person wanting to take their order Loud and Clear, and that they were definitely LOVING IT... for a few seconds anyway...''

• CMS Author

I'd just be happy if they would stop teaching them to say "may I help someone?" when I'm standing right at the counter, obviously the next customer. Is it too hard to learn the difference between "may I help someone" and "may I help you"?????

At any rate, I've solved the problem by no longer eating fast food unless it's absolutely necessary. My cholesterol, energy level and waistline have been thanking me.

• Members

I had a two-stop run that wentlike this: Del Taco, no english, big frustration, me peeling out of drive-through line... stop two Robertos tacos (I felt like something spicy) No english, and no chicken (how can you run out of that?) I think we ended up at Wendy's, going into the store and eating burgers.....

I think they need to use MDF folded horn cabs, that's their problem..... No folded horns....Nobody can tell me otherwise, I know this is the answer.

• Members

We have a fast food franchise in our area called Chick-Fil-A. I've been to about 10 of their stores in the region it seems like they put a priority on customer service. As such...they earn my business.:thu:

• Members

I've had to cut out the Double Lard burger with french fried potaters and sugar water due to high cholesterol. :( I actually kind of miss the AM radio-like fidelity of the drive through window a little. :( I recently saw a commercial where McDonalds was promoting a healthy looking chicken salad. Might have to go get my low fi MCD fix. :)

• CMS Author

We have a fast food franchise in our area called Chick-Fil-A. I've been to about 10 of their stores in the region it seems like they put a priority on customer service. As such...they earn my business.
:thu:

They're also the only fast food franchise that insists its stores close on Sunday.

Archived